Tell us about the best meet you have attended

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Love Chicago Style Meet--My BFF and her daughter who is my daughter's BFF take th train down and spend the weekend.
Shout out to JBS--love the new venue for the Harley Invitational. Looking forward to it again this year.

Wonder why they are changing the venue site? The Convention Center was a great place! I'm sure they will still do a great job of it (they are always well run and well organized), but I wonder if they are not expecting attendance to be as large that they don't need the space of the Convention Center?

Could be a matter of cost too. I know in looking around at places that some convention centers charge a HUGE amount of money.

Love Chicago Style Meet--My BFF and her daughter who is my daughter's BFF take th train down and spend the weekend.

My DD has never been to an out-of-state meet, but the HC hopes that next year we will go to some big meet in Ohio (not sure what that might be... any ideas?) and then the following year she wants us to go to Chicago Style. I have mixed feelings... on one hand, I'm sure it will be super cool/fun, but on the other... it's a lot of effort and expense. At least by then she will hopefully be a level 8 (or should I say a "new level" 7). I think I would have more of an issue with shelling out the big bucks for my level 4 ("new level" 3?) to travel to a meet that's 650 miles away (yikes! Just mapquested it! 650!).

We are from ohio. We always go to the arnold and the buckeye. They are in columbus. They are pretty good.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Two meets my daughter and her teammates always enjoy are Daggett's Invitational because they are fascinated watching the boys compete (NOT because they are boy crazy but because it's the only opportunity they ever get to see the boys compete!)

The other meet they really loved last year was the Cape Cod Classic as it was on New Year's Eve (will be this year as well) and they loved it not for the meet itself but because the gym's parent group organized a New Year's Eve party for the kids....$5 entry per kid, I think...DJ who did great party game dancing stuff, they got a ticket for a soda and snack and...big thing...they stayed up till midnight! They still talk about this meet!

The venue was just OK.....so for parents who really wanted to see it was hard...plus the gym couldnt' sell snacks....you had to buy from the hotel table set up....but still, the girls had so much fun....it's nice to see them remember the meet like that!

Oh and the meet give away was a beach towel which they all used at the really amazing hotel pool that afternoon!

Since the meet should be about what the kids like (even if we are the ones paying!) these two meets were top notch in their book!!

1. Any meet that has seating where you can actually see most of the events!
2. Low entry fee
3. Vendors to shop (shopping is my thing)
4. Fast, well ran and announced awards
5. Capital Cup

Hmmmm......Chicago Style come to mind.

The other meet they really loved last year was the Cape Cod Classic as it was on New Year's Eve (will be this year as well) and they loved it not for the meet itself but because the gym's parent group organized a New Year's Eve party for the kids....$5 entry per kid, I think...DJ who did great party game dancing stuff, they got a ticket for a soda and snack and...big thing...they stayed up till midnight! They still talk about this meet!

Oh and the meet give away was a beach towel which they all used at the really amazing hotel pool that afternoon!

Since the meet should be about what the kids like (even if we are the ones paying!) these two meets were top notch in their book!!

This sounds like a blast. I think it might be hard to have a meet on a holiday, but your description makes me want to go to this meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back