Parents The Kip Test Update.......BRAG ALERT

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
Yes, Alex passed the kip test Tuesday night . Let me tell you I was soooo shocked when her coach came out after practice and said "guess who passed their kip test?" She had a private lesson Saturday before last and did not make a single kip during the entire hour lesson. Then they did not do bars last week (only 1 practice since it was Christmas week) Then at the next full practice she makes 5!!!!!!:eek:in a row? WOW !!!! I am so proud of her!! She is officially considered a level 5 gymnast now and will practice with them starting Tuesday. She will still compete a few level 4 meets that are scheduled for January but once she learns the new routines she will compete the rest of the season level 5! WoooHooo! New music to hear at meets!!!!!

Congratulations to Alex on getting that elusive kip! What a wonderful way to start the new year. And how wonderful for mom - new music!

Congrats to her, she certainly has paid her dues as a L4 and can feel that she has truly earned her place in the L5 team. Must be nice to have crossed that bridge!

Fantastic. Well done. I like the idea of a set test. Everyone knows where they stand. Brilliant happy new year news!

Congrats to Alex!! What a great way to end the year and start the new one!! Hope she has fun learning the new routines and being a L5!!

Great News !!!!

She must be so very excited !!!!

Since you appear to be done with the Kip Fairy can you shoo her this way?

YEAH! CONGRATS! That's such a HUGE skill she will be happy for a long time! It is that very first BIG skill that makes them feel like they are really doing gymnastics! WE have seen some very talented girls not be able to get that for almost an entire season of L5 so you are off to a GREAT start!

YEAH! CONGRATS! That's such a HUGE skill she will be happy for a long time! It is that very first BIG skill that makes them feel like they are really doing gymnastics! WE have seen some very talented girls not be able to get that for almost an entire season of L5 so you are off to a GREAT start!

Isn't the kip weird that way? There are some really talented girls on DD's L4 team and many have been struggling with the kip since summer. And we had an awesome bar coach. DD got her kip in less than a month at her new gym, after not ever consistently working on it at her old gym, mostly just trying on her own over and over. And some of these girls are STRONG, too, both have been doing multiple stalders for awhile, etc. Not sure what it is about the kip, but it is a toughie. :)

I am not sure that my kiddo would pass the kip test yet though. Some days she does the most beautiful straight arm kips, and other days not so much. LOL. That is definitely a huge stressor, but I am sure it helps to have that kip for level 5 and not be struggling with it.

No kip test here, but I know that they have to have the kip to move to L5, at least in the past.

Way to go Alex!!!!!Welcome to L5! That kip is a killer we still have two L5 girls that still cannot compete due to no kip the rest of there routines are great!

Alex wanted me to say Thanks to everyone!! She loves reading all the encouraging and nice comments!! She is sooo excited about training level 5 but there is always another skill to master isn't there!! She is now all worked up about the cartwheel on the high beam!! She can do it so beautifully on the lower beams or beams with mats all the way up but when she gets on the high beam she goes all crooked? I can't figure it out but it must be in her head. Any suggestions? Ughhhh. It never ends huh?

The dreaded cw has killed my dd it toke her forever to get the confidence to due them on the high beam and just recently consistent but has yet nailed it in a meet.If she is doing them on low beam but has problems on high it is all about fear and give it some time .

I think the CW on beam if just a mind game. It is pretty common. You will see girls doing beautiful CWs on lower beams, get on the high beam and they barely even make what looks like a CW. I think that lots of repetitions on the lower beams helps. Also, really seeing herself doing it on the high beam and believing that if she can do it on the low beam, she can do it on the high beam. Sending her the CW on beam fairy!! :D She is going to have lots of fun and challenges in L5 and I am sure she will love it!

I think the CW on beam if just a mind game. It is pretty common. You will see girls doing beautiful CWs on lower beams, get on the high beam and they barely even make what looks like a CW. I think that lots of repetitions on the lower beams helps. Also, really seeing herself doing it on the high beam and believing that if she can do it on the low beam, she can do it on the high beam. Sending her the CW on beam fairy!! :D She is going to have lots of fun and challenges in L5 and I am sure she will love it!

Emma just said the other day that she was soooooo happy to NOT have to do a cw on beam anymore! Hated that darn cw!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back