The Time of Grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

When did you get grips?(Use the new level system)

• Preteam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Level 6

• Level 7

• Level 8

• Level 9

• Level 10

• Total voters
Just curious when most people got grips. I don't have them or want them yet, but I think it's interesting to see if there is a trend or not. If you don't have them, voting for other works.

If you got them during the competitive season, what level you were competing. If you got them during the summer and successfully moved up, what level you were training.

I got mine when I was a Prep Op Novice (I think it's Xcel Silver). I got dowels a year after. I think working kips are a good time to get them.

I think you should get them when you are seriously training kips like level 4. In the off season so you have time to get used to them

I switched to Xcel with another girl from my group, and now I'm the only one who competed level 4 this year and doesn't have grips. I feel so lucky. :)

Get them once you get your kip. That's what I did (not on purpose) and it worked. The thing is I find grips work worse for swings than no grips. Grips are really necessary when the time for giants come. But you should be used to them before that. Also don't get them in the season get them in the summer I've seen people take weeks to break in there grips (I took 4 practices to break my first pair in)

Now I'm on my third pair and can break them in in one turn of giants which is also my first turn of having them on hahaha.

So yeah giants help breaking in grips but I'm assuming by lack of grips you don't have giants or may not even have tried them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back