Coaches Thoughts on skipping L7.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Muddlethru

Proud Parent
I posted this thread on the Q& forum. But I also want to get coaches insight. I like my Dd's coach and was hoping maybe someone could shed light on this situation that is worrying me. I am sure i am missing something and could be wrong in my suspicions. I hink our HC may be rushing some girls to higher levels because we now only have maybe 5 gymnasts in Levels 8 through 10. We used to have more higher level gymnasts but two years ago, we lost half our team, mostly, levels 7-10. We were down to 8 gymnasts in L7-L10. Well three of our best gymnasts left again this year. Last season, she had one girl go through 2 levels, L6 and L7. But this gymnast is truly talented. She placed 1st AA on 2 of her 3 Level 6 meets and also placed 1st AA on 2 of her 3 level 7 meets and placed either 3rd AA or 2nd AA on the other meets. She is now L8. She can already do her front giants. Now, our HC is saying she may move another girl from L6 to L8. Mind you, last season, she did not think this gymnast was ready to move up midseason like the other gymnast. I don't think her skills has improved. She still does not have her giants, fulls, bachandspring on beam, etc. This girl however was a good L6 gymnast. Our gym has never had anyone skip L7. In addition, the gymnast is not even our strongest gymnast. Furthermore, our HC is also thinking of having our current L5 skip or score out of L6. Our last seasons L6 was a stronger team and our HC did not let them score out. So, I am thinking, this decision may be more a matter of ego. Does anyone have any thoughts on potential problems in skipping L7? Would the jump from L6 to L8 be too drastic? The gymnast in question is a pretty good tumbler and vaulter but her form is not so great. She caN't climb the rope or hold her handstand for more than 10 seconds. But she is a ver hard worker and appears to have some natural talent? I personally just worry because my DD is in this gym and I would like to trust the coaches and would hope that they had the best interest of the gymnasts at heart. What do you guys think.

It would be silly to move to L8 without the skills you listed above.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back