Parents Time Off Due Move

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

billise

Proud Parent
DD's gym is closed this week and we will be moving next week, meaning 2 weeks out of the gym ahead of DD's evaluation at new gym. DD is a 7 year old level 3 at her current gym so it's really no big deal, it's not like her future is riding on this. But I am really curious to see what her skills are going to look like after a 2 week hiatus. I suspect it'll either be fabulous or a atrocious! :)

Good luck to your dd following the move! We are moving in four weeks, so will be dealing with similar- my DD is 12 and actively pushing not to miss too much time. I am pushing her to take her time deciding on a new gym. Lol

DD's gym is closed this week and we will be moving next week, meaning 2 weeks out of the gym ahead of DD's evaluation at new gym. DD is a 7 year old level 3 at her current gym so it's really no big deal, it's not like her future is riding on this. But I am really curious to see what her skills are going to look like after a 2 week hiatus. I suspect it'll either be fabulous or a atrocious! :)

I'd have her stretch, but otherwise the break will probably give her more energy and motivation.

My DD is also a 7 year old L3 and will be missing 2 weeks (5 classes)! I will have her stretch a bit but am not too worried...good luck w/ your move!

Thanks, didn't think about having her stretch! She has taken it upon herself to do 6 straddle press handstands every day as her "conditioning" :)

My 7 YO Level 3 DD will be out of the gym for 2 weeks before her week at gym camp. I am a little worried but that is just how our summer vacation worked out. I'll encourage her to do some conditioning during those weeks, but what will be will be.

My dd was out of the gym for two months due to illnesses (hers and her coach) and a move. I was nervous about her evaluation and felt like I needed to explain to the evaluating coach why she was so out of shape. But honestly, she did fine. They evaluated and placed her properly and I didn't have to say a thing. I'm sure your dd will do fine!

Thanks, didn't think about having her stretch! She has taken it upon herself to do 6 straddle press handstands every day as her "conditioning" :)
That is great! I also brought along dd's pull up bar I just remembered...that and walk overs and handstand walks that she does all the time anyway should suffice for out of the gym conditioning ;)

My 7 yr old is missing several weeks too and also right before testing. She's going to work on her handstands at home. I'm hoping the break will be rejuvenating. :)
Good luck with your move!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back