Parents Top things posted on a gym parent's Facebook page (for fun)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

profmom

Proud Parent
In seeing my own and my friends' pages, I've noticed some common themes in what gets posted on gym parents' pages by non-gym people . . .

1. That video of the amazing woman in her 80s doing pbars and/or floor.
2. "Oh my G-D, she/he is GOING TO THE OLYMPICS!" (usually a comment on a L4 floor routine).
3. Paul Hunt videos.
4. Grumpy article about how kids are too involved in sports these days with passive aggressive tags.
5. "Oh my G-D, she/he is so incredibly strong!" (usually a comment on something like a handstand).
6. "At least he/she will have more time to just be a kid without all that practice" (usually a comment on a photo of grumpy child in a boot or cast)

Others?

We love #3 around here. I also get lots of hair tips/videos- as if I have any choice in how I do their hair. Ha!

Last season I got the LSU senior with the very wild floor routine all. the. time. As someone who isn't a particular fan of her style, that got old so fast.

I've squelched the Olympic thing so many times that I don't hear that much. I keep a small friend list so I am pretty close to everyone on my Facebook page. Every now and then one will slip in, but mostly I get "she's so good" but just kind of laugh because there is no knowledgeable basis to that comment.

I never see anything that is critical of the sport. Probably because so many of my friends are also gym people . LOL

How about "Is she going to be a cheerleader when she gets older?" Dear god, I certainly hope not.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back