WAG "Training" a level vs. being in a level...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

At Kipper's gym, during the season you are the level you are competing. As soon as state/regionals,etc is over, everyone becomes a "trainer". L6 trainer, L7 trainer, etc. You don't get to claim the next level until officially entered into a meet at that level, sometime in mid/late fall. I overheard a coach correcting a parent once. She said "It's Susie's first day as a L8!" He said "No, it's her first day as a L8 Trainer! Big difference". LOL. Definitely a gym culture thing. Our gym up-trains a lot year around, so everyone is always "training" harder skills. Kipper is a L8 Trainer, but started basic drills for bailes and double backs this summer. I guess I could say she is "training L9", even though L8 will be a stretch! :p

I know probably a lot of these replies are confusing when you're new. We are relatively new to this sport as well. You may want to find out (or you might already know) if your gym holds "try outs" for lvl 3 and lvl 4. Our gym has try outs before you make team lvl 3 or lvl 4. Once you make the team, you're in that level for the season.

It changes right after lvl4 at our gym. The coaches decide who goes to lvl 5 and above so you are always "training" for a the next level. Hope this helps!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back