Tumbling

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I did my front handspring front tuck on floor about 2 weeks ago, and was haveing no problems with it at all and now all of a sudden for the past week I can't go at all, as soon as i think okay do the front tuck i don't set, it is super frustrating because I want to do it. I sprained my ankle on wednesday and my coach said that maybe I'm afraid of hurting it even though I don't realize it, I don't know what to do.. i just really want to do the front handspring front tuck on floor again

Aww I had problems like that before! It makes me soo super mad! Just keep going for it! There is a fun way you can start doing them without being afraid though. My coach makes us do them all the time. Take two big fluffy mats like the ones on top of the level 4 vaults, just to big mats and put them vertical of eachother and they should be touching then place a spring board in front of them. When you go to do a front handspring put your hands on the spring board and do a front hadspring and reach as high as you can and do a front tuck. If you land funny it shouldnt hurt because that mat is super fluffly and shouldnt hurt you. I landed on my neck on the fluffy mat before and it didnt hurt. I hope that helps.. Probably not the advice you were looking for huh.. But theres a fun drill you can try? :)

You sprained your ankle on that Wed. and you were back already? That could be the problem.. Is your ankle still hurting?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back