Parents Twistars Meet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

lilgymmie7

I am just curious. DD is set to compete her first level 5 USA meet on the weekend of her birthday in January. At last practice, she reminded one of her best buddies that her first meet will be on her birthday. Needless to say she is very excited. Is there anyone on here who has an 'in' with Gedderts Twistars in Michigan and knows when the level 5's will compete at the Twistars "Red White and Blue" meet scheduled on January 7-9?
If she is placed in a Saturday or Sunday session she is "good to go", but if her session is on Friday she will not be able to compete. She turns 7 on the 8th of Jan. Her coaches did call ahead and requested that she please be placed in a Saturday or Sunday session. Thank you!:)

The meet website just says schedule posted soon. Fingers crossed for you it is sat. Hopefully someone can let you know soon. I really hope she can compete as an exhibition at the very least if it is Friday. I feel she is a special circumstance! And good luck - does she have all her routines polished and ready to go?

I would ask one of your coaches to call the host gym before the holidays and check. They may not have the final schedule, but a friendly reminder about your dd should help as the host gym gets the final schedule together.

As someone who has been a meet director in the past for a big meet, I can tell you that in general, I tried not to put compulsories on a Friday because they are usually younger and you'd have to get them out of school etc and at levels 4/5/6, a lot of parents aren't in to that yet...I usually did levels 8 or above on Fridays because those gymansts ( and families) had been around long enough to know the drill ..so hopefully that will be the same with the Geddert's meet.

You can also try to go on the results page from last couple of years and see when the 5s did compete...if they have historically been on the Sat afternoon , then that's probably where they'd be this year.

She is such a cutie. In some states, girls can compete as long as their birthday is correct age by states. Maybe your state falls into that group?

She is such a cutie. In some states, girls can compete as long as their birthday is correct age by states. Maybe your state falls into that group?

wrong we have discussed this many times - it only applies to age groupings not minimum ages for that level.

Thank you all! I did look at last year's meet and saw that the 5's went on Saturday. The meet also has it's schedule icon ready to go, but still not a schedule. It must be coming out soon. I guess we are just a bit anxious. DD was cute when she told her best bud that her meet is on her birthday. She made it sound very 'special'.
Gymnut, I asked her coaches in November if she 'looked' ready and they said she really is. She has been doing a full bar routine since the summer and I caught a glimpse of her vault. Her run is great and she completely goes over the vault on her own. Coach stands far away from the vault. She is very tiny, so I wonder what she will do at meets. But to me her vault looks very strong. She is learning to block more. She is somewhat of a powerhouse. Beam and floor have always been intact. She has had her cartwheel since she was 5 on beam. Sometimes she goes slow, but she still manages to land it. Floor is pretty natural.
As for the polish, I hope she is there. Parents are not encouraged to stay once the girls are on team. I always honor that request. DD is young, but I don't want to dishonor something that has been rule since before DD started there. I have always felt that it is a huge privledge for DD to be on team at the gym. DD said that her head coach told her she will compete all four apparatuses. It's been standard that some girls scratch an event the first time. Mostly, it has been on bars, but DD has been told she will compete all four. So with all trust intact of the coaches, I have to say she is ready. I want to see how her emotions will hold out at this big meet. Her GIJO meets were quite small in comparison. This meet will be an eye awakener for her. Lucky thing is that she is very laid back. She thrives on competition, but she doesn't let mistakes set her back. Her floor coach told me that first. She can fall on her head and still get right up and do it again. Age will do that. I hope that remains intact as she progresses through her season, etc. I know she will smile regardless. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a little early to wishing her good luck but I will anyway. I'm crossing my fingers tight for a Saturday or Sunday session! I'm sure she will do great. She was already doing the routines so nicely at GIJO so I imagine that they will be greatly polished for USAG.

Schedule is up on the Twistars website. DD will compete on her birthday. When I told her she was all smiles!!:)

Good luck to her! Hope it's a wonderful birthday meet for her. My DD may also be competing on her birthday and she's very excited about it. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back