USAG website confuses me SO MUCH!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

Bella's Mom

I want to buy the CD that has the L4 "new" music with the person who talks over the music telling the gymnast what move they should be doing. But can I find it on the "store" website? Why no, I can't.

Grrrr.... :mad:

I can't give you an answer but as a brand new gym parent I can sympathize. The USAG website isn't very user friendly for us newbies!

So why is there new music (and is this music only for this year)?

Does anyone know if gyms are allowed to still use the "old" music this season? I found it odd that there were 2 different choices for music for the past 2 years at the compulsory levels and thought that at some point the "new music" would become mandatory, but I am not sure where I heard that...

Yes they can use the Old or New music - our gym still uses the old music they like it better.
Also "New" is a relitive term here its been around I think for 3 years now but it is the way to determine between the two pieces of music especially when you are the music person at a meet.

Does anyone know if gyms are allowed to still use the "old" music this season? I found it odd that there were 2 different choices for music for the past 2 years at the compulsory levels and thought that at some point the "new music" would become mandatory, but I am not sure where I heard that...

DD's gym still uses the "old" music. Have not heard of the new music becoming mandatory. Thank goodness, because at least there is some small variation at a meet, instead of hearing the same one over and over and over........LOL!

Hey- my DD also likes to watch this on the USAG site. Just a word of warning though- I think the girl's form is sloppy on some skills (not all but some), in fact there are a few things she does I am surprised about b/c DD's gym teaches them a little differently. I'd have to watch it to see what it is about her performance I don't like. I like it for the words with the music, but would rather have DD watch a 9.8 L4 floor routine on YouTube- I find those really show all the "extras" it takes to put together a tight, good looking routine.

I'm looking for the L5 music (does not have to have the words...would prefer not to have them)...it is on You Tube, but is there a way to save video/audio off of You Tube?? anyone know?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back