Vault Scoring best of the 2 or average of the 2

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
How is the level 5 vault scored? I have been told that they take the average of the 2 vaults but I have also been told that they only use the best of the 2. We are in Missouri so I am not sure if this varies depending on where you live.

The norm is the best of the two, however in certain instances the average is taken. Usually not in compulsories, though. I think. If it were the average of two, you would see more kids opting not to do the second vault, if they thought their first vault was good.

How is the level 5 vault scored? I have been told that they take the average of the 2 vaults but I have also been told that they only use the best of the 2. We are in Missouri so I am not sure if this varies depending on where you live.

Like other have said, in USAG JO it's the better of the two vaults and is the average of the two judges. So if vault 1 is better they use that score. If judge 1 scores it as an 8.0 and judge 2 scores it as an 8.5 the vault score will be 8.25.

It depends on the judge and competition. They usually average out the 2 but it changes.

in america, the highest score is the one that is used. sometimes invitationals with a finals will average 2 scores but i haven't seen that in awhile. in FIG, depending on the rules, the highest score could be used, or an average of 2 when 2 different vaults are used and are specified for the competition.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back