Parents Vent!!! Dang Alterations Place

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

krisnkids

Proud Parent
So the pants that were ordered for dd's warm ups were too long...to the extent that they were long enough for me. No biggie, she will grow, but brought them to the alterations place to have them hemmed and the waist taken in. Skinny is dd's middle name. They said they would be ready today, fine meet is tomorrow, that will be okay. I go the the shop to pick them up? There is a sign on the door that they are closed the 19-21. I'm so pissed of its not funny. Why tell someone that something will be done when its not.

Oh I would be livid!!! I hope someone has a pair she can borrow? Is there someone not going?

Nope, everyone is going, and of course she is the first session of our kids so its not like the coach can grab someone else's from a previous session. I'd go buy her some yoga pants but they wouldn't fit, she's 5'2 with the waist of a 6 year old. She is just going to have to wear a pair of black pants for march in and I will probably just tell her to do jacket only for awards. That alterations place is going to get an earful on Monday.

You could borrow a pair of pants from someone in a later session and then give them back to the coach or gymmie after your session.

Yes, just grab some the day before the meet from someone who is in the session right after yours. Then wait until they get there and hand them off personally.

If you can't pull that off, instead of random black pants that won't match anyway, I would go with black bar shorts. At least for the podium, I would go with bar shorts and the warm-up jacket.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back