Weigh in... most over used floor music??? ugh!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Azgymmiemom

Proud Parent
Okay, so I thought this might be fun, and I didn't see an old thread on it... so-

Parents, coaches, gymnasts, spectators...what optional floor music do you think is the most overused of the past season...and what do you think will be the most overused THIS season??

Gymnasts...have you ever had a musical piece that YOU thought was overused/too popular??

Inquiring minds want to know (lol) :D

(Can you tell I just went through the floor music nightmare with my dd?? Thank goodness that's over for two years...I really, really NEVER want to do that again!! Too much drama, lol!! SOO glad boys don't have floor music!!)

Pirates I think is way overused. Gypsy Rhapsody is somewhat overused. On floor express, guess what song I saw..? Call Me Maybe, that is gunna make me want to rip my ears off this season. I guarantee it's going to be way overused. That's why I went with Devil Went Down to Georgia. :) haha

I never want to hear Pirates EVER AGAIN EVER. Nothing on the whole soundtrack. Ever. Or Pink Panther.

And oh man, remember when everyone had a Riverdance routine? no? I am kind of old...

Pirates, Diamonds, Defying Gravity, dirty orchastra, mermaid, gypsy Rhapsody.

If I never hear these again I would be a happy camper but I know I will hear at least 3 of them more than 5 times at one meet alone.

Is it too bad if I say i love Call Me Maybe?

I think I've heard pirates, clubbed to death and almost any song by Bond in every single meet I go.
For next year, no idea. But I know what mines are going to be... :D

DD was looking into Hunger Games music, but I'm guessing we'll hear a lot of that this season. She also wanted the music from CATS but coach's comment was something along the lines of, "ugh! That's been over-used since I was competing!"

I was going to say the Hunger Games could be an overused music. Our coaches tell us go back to the first 5 or 10 CD's from Floor music express. Most of them haven't been used in along time so even the old music that was overused when it came out hasn't been heard for awhile.

I never want to hear Pirates EVER AGAIN EVER. Nothing on the whole soundtrack. Ever. Or Pink Panther.

And oh man, remember when everyone had a Riverdance routine? no? I am kind of old...

Ha I had used Pink Panther my 1st year almost 20 years ago!!

My daughter wanted Heart of Courage too, but it was already being used at our gym so they said no. Actually all 5 songs she picked out were already being used at our gym, so the choreographer picked one for her. Luckily we love it.

I remember a while when everyone used Jai Ho 'cause Nastia did it. Back when I was an ice skater, there was one year everyone and her little brother had Hedwig's Theme from Harry Potter. Everyone. Lucky for me I had this sassy little salsa/jazz thing.

I worked at JO Nationals and I counted 16 girls with 300 violins for their music. 16. At one meet.

I don't know what some of them are called, but I looked this one up. It was the same at Westerns last year...It seemed like every other girl used this one. Maybe this one will be the most overused three years running?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back