What are some of your comp collections?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Well, I wanted to start a competition collection for Kadee so when she is older she can look back and remember each one.
Im just not sure what to collect.lol
I know her first meet we are giving buttons to all the gymnasts so they can put them on their bags, ect. But I dont know if this is a common thing to get at comps.
Im sure most will sell t-shirts, but over time that could get expensive and exspansive.
Im kinda looking for something small, that wouldnt take up a world of room over time.
What are some of the collections of things you or your gymmies have collected from meets?

DD used to collect pins from meets. They either repesented the meet itself or skills or scores/placements she got at meets. Her gym bag was covered with them at one point! Then they started falling off & breaking. And she got older & wasn't really into it anymore. But it was fun for a while there:). Now we get t-shirts from the BIG meets(not every meet) as her momento. But the best momento EVER is pictures & videos, IMHO!!! It's priceless to look back on them later & your DD will surely cherish them also!!! The thing I LOVE the most is watching the montages some of the parents on here put together:D!!!! I think they are awesome momentos of meets!!! Wish I was more tech savvy:eek:.

What about a scrap book with a page for each meet with pics, scores, comments etc.? She could even decorate it.

I let my daughter do a scrap book we just got a plain photo album she puts her ribbons and score cards in it and any mementos from the year such as gym pictures pictures or poem she has done. She also collects pins on her gym bag.

My dd is a ballet brat (lol) so she knew that it was always traditional to get a presentation bouquet of flowers after a recital or performance. Well, she expected to get flowers at meets, too, and I just knew that was going to be impractical and expensive, with how many meets there are in a season. So, we came up with an idea. (It's not something I buy AT the meet, but I present one to her at each meet) we got her a big glass vase and filled it with sand and pretty colored stones. She got a large artificial flower (and here, you can pick a theme, color whatever...we just did mixed/random) and I put a tag on it with pretty ribbon. The tag has the name of the meet, gym that sponsored it, date, her level and all around score on it in gold writing. She has a nice little bouquet going on already, and it's adorable on her dresser.

She also wants the pins...:D

Thanks folks. I think I will get the buttons/pins when they are available. The scrapbook sounds really nice too. Something she can help "make" with me. Still open to any and all ideas though..so keep them coming

I keep a shoebox filled with random things... most of them have to do with gymnastics, and most of the gymnastics ones have to do with meets. I have pictures, my achievement ribbons from levels 4-5, a tiara I got for 1st place AA at a meet. I even have a dollar bill my coach gave me the day I got my giant, giant, flyaway after struggling with it for months, and I actually wrote "1st giant, giant, flyaway" and the date on it so it's kinda useless now but to me worth way more than $1.:D There's a lot of other stuff in it too, but I can't really remember anything else right now. Every couple months I go through it and I'm like, "oh yeah, I remember that!". I like collecting random things better than something specific like pins because if I decide it's worth saving it's more valuble to me than a pin.:)

I also make a 'meet notes' section in the notebook I use as a scorebook and I write down anything noteworthy. So if you keep a scorebook for Kadee you could do something like that... something you think she'd like to remember like "clown theme" or "the awards were shaped like teddy bears!" or achievements like "finally made her cartwheel" or whatever.

Hope this helps!

I did a scrapbook for her first year in gymnastics but still need to finish the last meet page :rolleyes:. That was two years ago!:rolleyes:.

So, now I just do a meet video montage of each meet to put on our youtube page. She has fun looking back and watching the old videos. She even has videos from her very first cheer competition when she was 6!!!

I make youtube videos for my sister for every competition, then she can watch them and remember the competitions. She also likes watching them to see her mistakes, that way she know what to improve on for the next meet :)

When the girls were younger, we would get them pins at the meet, either for a special score, a high placement in an event or AA, or just something that seemed appropriate for that day. Ten-O used to have a "pin pocket" that was like a book with fabric pages to hold the pins, and it's a great way for the girls to keep all their pins together without fear of losing them or damaging a bag/jacket/whatever they are attached to. We have video's of each of the girls meets and periodically we will go back and look at their early meets for fun. At the end of last year, I pulled up the video's of Caileigh's very first Level 4 meet and posted them on FB. Caileigh did not come into her own as a gymnast until her L6 year, and I think it helped a lot of the younger girls and their parents to see that how one does as a L4/L5 is not always an indicator of how a gymnast will do when she is a bit older.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back