What does your gym do about HOMESCHOOLING?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flipomaniak

Gymnast
My gym has homeschoolers train in the morning, take a break to do schoolwork (at the gym) then train again at 1, some days don't have "morning training" and just training starts at noon.

My gym doesn't have any kind of homeschoolers practice. I'm homeschooled, as well as my best friend who is at the same gym. All girls get a free private before our first meet of the season, and then the coaches always ask us homeschoolers if we could do morning sessions, since we're not at school, but other than that, we practice the same as the other girls.

We have/had some kids who homeschool but they go to regular practices just like everyone else. It creates a better team atmosphere to have the same practices for the kids who will be competing together. For one girl, homeschooling did help her to free up her time...she wound up being able to compete level 10, play the violin, teach classes at the gym AND learn some stuff on the side. But I think in general it's not unreasonable to do high school and gymnastics at the same time, even if you might sacrifice another hobby (for me it was figure skating).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back