Off Topic What to use instead of ankle braces?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

For beam, not floor. I just feel like I'm going to slip off. I'm very dependent on my brace I won't practice without something on my ankles, but is there anything else I could use, I did tape but I remember that slipping too, maybe tape with beam shoes? I also put chalk on my feet but it doesn't help that much, and advice or tips?

For beam, not floor. I just feel like I'm going to slip off. I'm very dependent on my brace I won't practice without something on my ankles, but is there anything else I could use, I did tape but I remember that slipping too, maybe tape with beam shoes? I also put chalk on my feet but it doesn't help that much, and advice or tips?
I think that it's something that you have to get use to and deal with if you really need it, but it also could be the style/type of brace. I compete/practice with an ASO brace prescribed to me by my PT after spraining my ankle so much. It has the toes free for turns and the heel open as well. The part that goes on the arch of the foot is not smooth and I think that helps with feeling like I am gripping the beam. Hopefully you can find something that works for you!

I think that it's something that you have to get use to and deal with if you really need it, but it also could be the style/type of brace. I compete/practice with an ASO brace prescribed to me by my PT after spraining my ankle so much. It has the toes free for turns and the heel open as well. The part that goes on the arch of the foot is not smooth and I think that helps with feeling like I am gripping the beam. Hopefully you can find something that works for you!
It was something I got used to, those are the same one I use, but I find the harder skills I do the more I feel like I'm going to slip, even walking across the beam it them makes me cautious

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back