What took me so long?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey All,

I only recently joined CB, finally; but have known about it for a few years, now and probably first heard of it through Rick Charles' site. He's always linking here.

I was a minor collegiate gymnast about 20 yrs ago, ending up training and specializing on rings and floor.

I've been coaching for some time, thinking it was just a transitional thing; almost 15-20 yrs later, it's suddenly dawning on me that this might be my life. I don't know how it happened. It just did. I never planned my life to be this way. I never really planned to teach gymnastics as anything other than a part-time, side job.

Even though I've worked with team before, I've mostly looked at myself as a rec and adult gymnastics instructor. I helped with team not because I was interested, but because we were understaffed on team coaches.

Now, I teach neither rec nor adults, but compulsory and optional girls, as well as team developmental. This too, sorta just happened when I transferred gym clubs just over a year ago.

So now I've shifted into a totally different coaching mindset than what I had before. I always liked learning new things, but was more laid back about it, in the past. Now, I feel a new weight of responsibility as a team coach, and have been trying to become as well-educated and as well-rounded as I can be.

I guess this is the primary reason why after all this time, I've finally decided to register with the community, here. To learn from everyone, ask questions, and give back to you, however I can.

So far, I've been a bit overwhelmed by all the features and profile settings, member groups, etc.

Phew!

Anyway, thanks for reading! :)

Really nice to have you here, we have some great coaches and they are a helpful and knowledgable group!

Funny how gymnastics can just become your life!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back