Woodward vs. Flipfest - Differences between them??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymSurvivor

Coach
Gymnast
Hello!!
So I attended Woodward last year, it was a TON of fun and def. worth it in my opinion.
I mainly choose Woodward out of all the camps because I received a scholarship, but it was a 10 hour drive for us.

So this year a teammate and I were planning on attending Woodward again but right before we turned in our applications I decided Flipfest would make more sense for us to go to.
The USAG team at out gym goes every year and I asked the coach and she said she prefers Flipfest over Woodward (she's been to both) and Flipfest is only a 4 hour drive verse 10 hours.

So I'd love opinions of people who have been to both, what are the differences between the two??
Or if you've only been to Flipfest, what was your experience.

I'm 18 and only competed level 5 this year, when you went were there ANY other 'older' gymnasts like this? My friend is 16 and only competed level 4, so I'll have her there with me but still....
I'll be going Week 6, anyone else going that week...or any other week for that matter?

Sorry I am a little bit confused.... What do you mean you got a scholarship but you are only level 5?

On the other hand...
I haven't been to either camp, but to me the Woodward gym looks a lot nicer. In the Flipfest commercials, ads, and their website seems to mostly focus on just the rec activities and less of the the gymnastics. I personally think Woodward looks better, but I haven't been to either!

Good luck! You will have fun either place, so maybe it could come down to the price, and like you said the drive! :)

Thanks Dunno, I'm excited.

iJaide: As for the scholarship, I'm not talking at all about college scholarships or anything. You can turn in a scholarship application describing why you want to come to camp/why you need a scholarship ect... and it is purely based on need not skill level.

And i've already decided where to go, I was just wondering what to expect at Flip Fest, what might be different than my experience at Woodward. And what others experienced at Flip Fest. I'm for sure going to Flip Fest either way....

Flip Fest is smaller, so it's a little easier to have more personal relationships with the coaches and more interaction with the visiting Olympians than at a larger camp like Woodward. Both have great gyms, passionate coaches with a range of skill levels, and attract campers with a variety of skills. There are more people at Woodward, so it might be easier to make groups more age/level specific- but I really have no clue. I worked at Flip Fest as a counselor a few summers ago and there were plenty of teens who they try to place in cabins together, not sure of their exact skill levels though.
I think Flip Fest has less variety in terms of recreational activities just because it is a smaller campus, but everything they offer is very fun and easily accessible with minimal extra cost if any (I know IGC/Woodward have some extra activities that involve an additional payment). I never attended Woodward, but did go to IGC many years ago and imagine the two to be similar. Based on my experiences with a larger camp (IGC) and a mid-sized camp (Flip Fest) in various capacities, I think I prefer Flip Fest just because I much prefer a more individualized environment than a mega-gym camp, but really it all comes down to personal preference.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back