WAG Working at FlipFest

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymSurvivor

Coach
Gymnast
So I'm just thinking ahead here......way ahead.
I'm interested in working at FlipFest next summer, has anyone worked as a coach or counselor?
Any information would be great!
What did you like/dislike, pros/cons of being a counselor or coach?

I've coached rec up to level 5 before so in my mind I could only coach the 1st group but I'd also love the spotting clinics I believe they do!
So anyway, not sure how many coaches they hirer at that coaching level.
Do you make up your own lesson plan or do they give it to you?

Also do you get paid at all?

Thanks!

I'm not full staff yet (I've been a junior councilor for a few years and I'm coming back this year as staff to work under Jeremy Beck) but I know a little about how they run things.

For one, I heard they're looking for a boys coach, so if you have any experience there then that's an option. I would think girls coaching would be difficult to get into considering the amount of coaches and guest coaches they already have. But I don't know too much about that side of things.

As far as being a councilor, you have to be a good people person. Kids get sick, they get homesick, they get tired and upset, drama, etc. so you have to be prepared to deal with that. Other than that, you're only real job as far as I can tell is to watch over your cabin's kids and help out with the activities.

Edit: also, yes, they do get paid. I'm not sure about coaches but I know how much the councilors get paid per week. I don't want to post it here but PM me if you'd like to know.

Also I believe you make your own lesson plan. From my experience (only been with group one boys so take this with a grain of salt) the coaches see where you're at and ask what skills you want to learn, and go from there.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back