WAG WOW! Picking floor music is a bit overwhelming!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

htimcj

Proud Parent
WOW! Do you every have a lot of choices for floor music!?!?! DD was given the go ahead to pick music! While it is very exciting it is a bit overwhelming! How did you go about choosing your music? I think we have narrowed it down but then started listening to pieces from floor music express :eek:

I decide by imagining myself doing a routine to the music and seeing if I can get into it. The way I picked mine this year (rock around the clock) was everytime I heard it I started getting excited for competition season. Make sure yall pick something she'll really be able to get into and make her own.

*Also make sure to get something to match her personality. Don't get a cutesy song if she's a power tumbler and doesn't have much smile during her compulsory routines. If she's graceful then get something where she'll be able to show that off. Get something that fits her.

It definately won't be cutsy! This is a kid who choreographs her smiles :) But then I don't want anything too dramatic either, she is only 10-11 when the season starts. She wants to be able to dance to it so at least we have something to go on. I am just trying to narrow her selection down a bit. Thanks for the tips!

If you have a good choreographer you can trust, then let them pick it. We gave ours some ideas of what dd liked and he picked the music. And it is a perfect fit for her.

Hope you'll check out our music. You can search by style if you like on our website.

Also, we're in the process of letting you hear all of the Short and Super Short versions of our songs online - so if you want a shorter version you don't have to take a chance on whether you'll like the edited versions.

AND - we're getting ready to release some incredible new tracks in about ten days!!!

Energym Music

Her favorites so far are all from your Energym site. Now just deciding on one! Can't wait to hear the new stuff!

If you have a good choreographer you can trust, then let them pick it. We gave ours some ideas of what dd liked and he picked the music. And it is a perfect fit for her.
I agree with this. DD's coach (a very good choreographer) provides a small set of music from which the gymnast can choose. She spends a fair amount of time determining which pieces work best for each gymnast.

We have a good choreographer but I am not sure how much she helps with the music. I plan on talking to her this week to find out the time frame for her and see if she has any suggestions. I will also have her listen to our top 3-5 and see what she thinks. Coach wants routines but July at the latest and she does almost all of our team, 30+ girls. I want her to have plenty of time.

Yes! ^^^ This. Let the HC/Choreographer weigh in. They know more about what kind of things your dd will be comfortable with and excel at. If you will recall, my dd was given the green light to pick out music last year, only to be told by HC that none of her choices were appropriate(she liked all this dramatic stuff, and at 9, it was too old for her)! THen HC gave her a list of music, and my dd balked at picking any of them!! IT was a nightmare, but they finally narrowed it down to a few they could both live with, then she picked her current music...and she LOVES it! (It was also a crowd pleaser, and you could tell that she loves to perform it)

In hindsight, I just wish HC would have given her a list from the beginning and said, "Pick from these", because giving her free range to choose from at first was a big mistake!!

Good luck and have fun!

Our head coach and choreographer choose the music and make the routines for all the girls. I would ask for a suggested list to choose from.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back