Coaches Wrist Support for Spotting??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
Hi all! I’m not sure if this is something any of you would be able to help with, but I’m looking into getting some thin wrist braces/supports to wear while coaching/spotting. I have pretty weak and hyper mobile joints, especially in my wrists and fingers, and spotting certain skills really hurts them. I’m looking for something thinner that won’t catch or scratch my girls (no velcro closures if possible) and didn’t know if anyone else has used a specific brand or type of brace for something like this and had any recommendations. I’ve seen some people use what looks like compression gloves that stop halfway down the finger. If anyone has any recommendations or ideas, please let me know! Im only 22 and would rather not have my wrists completely give out on me :)

Not sure about wrists, but for your fingers you could use silver ring splints.
https://www.silverringsplint.com/
Upon looking more into them I think they might have something for wrists too but not sure. The main purpose is to help the joints move normally and prevent dislocation/subluxation.
Thought of them because you said you are hypermobile. They are commonly used in EDS treatment. Otherwise, compression gloves might be good to help with blood flow.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

The Magana Club

The Shaposhnikova Skills in the 2025-28 CoP

Back