Parents Xcel Practice Hours

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
L8 and only 7.5h/week? Wow.. Do they do well at meets?
Some do. It depends on how efficient they choose to be with their practice time.
Our L8s are all in high school, so most of them only compete 2 meets in November, then they compete for their high school, then come back for Championships in March and YMCA Nationals in June. Several times, we have girls make Level 8 finals at Nationals and place in the top 10 All Around. Most recently, we had a 6th place AA winner (with 2nd place on beam, 1st on floor, and 6th on vault). Pre-pandemic, we had a girl finish 8th AA (1st on floor and 5th on vault).
This year, we have our largest L8 team ever. There are 5-7 of them, depending on whether the last 2 girls are ready to make the jump from L7 or not. Last year, we had 4 L8s on the roster, but one was recovering from injury and only competed for the high school.

Some do. It depends on how efficient they choose to be with their practice time.
Our L8s are all in high school, so most of them only compete 2 meets in November, then they compete for their high school, then come back for Championships in March and YMCA Nationals in June. Several times, we have girls make Level 8 finals at Nationals and place in the top 10 All Around. Most recently, we had a 6th place AA winner (with 2nd place on beam, 1st on floor, and 6th on vault). Pre-pandemic, we had a girl finish 8th AA (1st on floor and 5th on vault).
This year, we have our largest L8 team ever. There are 5-7 of them, depending on whether the last 2 girls are ready to make the jump from L7 or not. Last year, we had 4 L8s on the roster, but one was recovering from injury and only competed for the high school.
That's really cool! It leaves you so much time for other things so that's always nice.

when I was in bronze I trained 2 hours twice a week. In silver I did 4.5x2. Now I’m in Gold and because of limited room in the gym and competitive coaches I train 4x2. There is an option for an extra 4 hours a week but my family can’t really afford it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

THE BEST OF ALL TIME

Back