Zi/O composite leather vault table

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Should you ever use chalk on a ZZi/O composite leather vault table or will the chalk just make it slippery & defeat the purpose of it? And how far away from the wall should the table be on the sides?

no to the chalk. and approx. 7 feet each to left and right of the center of the table for training purposes.

Thanks. That is what I thought concerning the chalk. My daughters High School has a ZZi/O composite leather vault table but they are letting kids use chalk on it. Most all of these kids have never competed anything but HS & some have never even done gymnastics before this season & can barely do handsprings. My DD has been competing YMCA or Club for 10 yrs & does sukes. The vault table is only like 3 feet away from an I-beam on the wall on the left side. It seems very very unsafe. She wants to compete for her High School but it is becoming more & more evident that it is not the best thing for her!

well, as long as her 1/2 on or round off do not go in the direction of that I-beam, then she'll probably be okay.

the vault table is approx. 3 feet wide. so, from center you have 1 1/2 feet of table, and 3 feet away from the I-beam as you stated. this equals approx. 4 1/2 from the center of the table to the I-beam.

if she doesn't turn in that direction she'll be fine. if she does? probably not a good idea if that I-beam and wall are not padded. and does the landing mat go up to the wall?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back