WAG connecting front tumbling/your experiences?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have a nice and high running front tuck/pike/layout. My Layout is very archy though to get around!
I also have a front handspring and a flyspring with a nice rebound.

I have never tried connecting any front skills together, but I once tried FT FT on my trampoline at home. I think I can achieve FT FT on floor pretty fast.
Now I have a few questions.

1) Is it easier to tumble with or without a FH entry? How do you decide whether you use it or not? What are the advantages/disadvantages?
I am pretty powerful. Although I think it is prettier with the FH, I think it is a lot harder for me because then I have to connect 3 skills and not just two if I go without the FH.

2) Once you can do FT FT, how hard is it to change the first tuck to a Layout? Is it a lot harder to rebound out of a Layout than a Tuck?
Is it possible that once you got the rebound out of the FL, it is even easier than a FT FT? Because the Layout is slower and so you have more time and don't over rotate in the first FT?

I would also love to hear your experiences how it is/was for you to connect front tumbling and if it was hard for you, if you struggled etc...

Thanks in advance!

I think it depends how strong your front handspring is. My DD uses the power from her front handspring to do the saltos afterward. She didn't have trouble progressing from FHS-FT to FHS-FLO-FT or FP, but she has a strong FHS.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back