gym and dance at the same time- mean team mate

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastjess

okay so i have a few things that i want to ask:
firstly this coming saturday i have gymnastics on the exact same time as i have a dance rehearsal and annual photos :/ i am choosing to go to gymnastics as i love it more than dance but i know its a bad choice since we have 3 concerts coming up and we need every practice we can get!! also because this is the only time we get photos taken :( I am trying to go to every single gym practice because we have some fun comps (that i take seriously lol) coming up soon and we have 6 week holidays soon were i will WON'T be able to do any gymnastics :( do you think i am making the right desicion considering that i love gymnastics more and i am a strong dancer so i don't need to catch up ect. ???? also a girl in my team is very rude (i think i have already told you about her) anyway she is only really rude to me and my team mate Jess so i told my coach about her but now i feel like a baby because im 14 and i could have dealt with this myself although i didn't because i knew i would just get angry at her stupid comments during the conversation of i don't like the way you treat me and my friend!! but now i feel like a lil baby who comes whining to her coach!! as a young coach would you think of it like this? do you think i could have handled this easy myself or that i should have done what i did and left it to my coach to handle? thanks guys :)

As far as the mean teammate goes, I think you did the right thing by telling the coach. It's possible she is treating the other girls in the class the same way and they are just too scared to speak up, especially if they are younger. I had my fair share of mean teammates during my time as a gymnast and it really stinks. It's just not fair to have something you love made less enjoyable from the mean actions of another person. As a coach, I like for my girls to tell me when someone is bothering them or causing problems so I can take action. There are times when it's something very small and I will encourage them to work the issue out for themselves, but there are other times where I am able to step in and reprimand the mean child for their behavior. I just don't tolerate meanness.

Definitely the right thing telling the coach.
If you had handled it yourself the other girl could end up twisting it and making out you were the one in the wrong for 'upsetting her'! I have seen this happen.
My daughter at older than you addressed this problem with the coach and she said that she had had other similar complaints and always wanted to know.

With mean team mates its always the best idea to speak up about it so.......i think you did the right thing! and i really commend you for having the courage to speak up about it as i know that i am way to shy to speak up about things like that and i am not even shy! so well done on that perspective :)

As for the dance vs gymnastics.....i probably would have gone to the dance because it is more "official" in want of a better word but if you think that you would rather go to the gym then thats up to you i always go to the thing that is more official before i go to a training session.

It sounds like you might have to make a decision between gymnastics training and dance classes if these things are going to continue to clash.

Gymnastics is an individual sport, you may be in a team but when you compete you compete by yourself and for yourself. If you miss practice the only person that you let down is yourself.

But in dance if you are preparing for your concert then it is more complicated. If you are away it will affect the whole group, spacing and timing can change dramatically with one person away and it becomes very difficult for a teacher to continue with a routine or get it ready for a performance with someone away.

Perhaps you need to rethink this decision.

This is the only time this has ever happened. my dance is on friday and my gym is on saturday this is the first and only time it will ever clash!! next yr i will be in a different dance group and practice will be on mondays and annual photos on a tuesday so it shouldnt clash!! if there happens to be a tiny bit of dance that i missed out on i have friends at school that can catch me up!! i guess i should have gone with dance but in my world LOL i go trough 5 really boring days of school just to do my 2 hr lesson of gym on a saturday :) my coach says she gets sad when im not there lol i guess i chose what i loved more than what was right!!

YAY good news they changed the time of the rehearsal/photo day so i am able to make it!!! YAY

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back