how i cab tell to coach to switching gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

monkeygymnast

Coach
Proud Parent
Hello, everyone!

i need some advices today.

My DD is 10years old and will compete level 7.
And i am coaching pre team at the gym.

My DD is not happy with her head coach/ owener.
She said her coach is yelling her when she has fear. And i know that because I was there.
Someone does something and my DD does samething and she feels like she mad only her. Yes, she feels it's not fair.
HC compare her with another kids( ex: she can do so you have to do)

She is not happy with the coach like a before. She is afraid the coach and even afraid communicate with the coach.
So many times she crys on way home after practices.

She still love gymnastics but i am worry she will dislike it if she stay the gym.

So i am thinking switching gym and we will look at the gym soon and make decision. My DD is afraid the coach will mad at her.

And the problem is the coach is very emotional person. ( i might, too)
How can i tell her without hurting or cum. Anyone have a idea?

Thanks so much!!

hi!

do you plan on staying at the old gym to work?

what if the new gym has coaches your daughter doesn't like?

Thanks for response.

I have to 2weeks notice for my job if my dd switch gym.

And we know next gym's coach. She trained my dd before at the camp.
But that's the part of reason to see them next week how she feels with might be new her coach.

see how the meeting goes.

if you decide to switch, there is probably no way to do it that will be smooth, with no hurt feelings. but if that is what you feel is the right thing to do - give notice, finish out your coaching and leave with dignity.

She said her coach is yelling her when she has fear. And i know that because I was there.

Someone does something and my DD does samething and she feels like she mad only her. Yes, she feels it's not fair.
HC compare her with another kids( ex: she can do so you have to do)

She is not happy with the coach like a before. She is afraid the coach and even afraid communicate with the coach.
So many times she crys on way home after practices.

Switching gyms is usually always hard for the gymnast, family and coaches. I don't know how honest you want to be with coaches. If you want to spare their feelings, you may not want to tell them the real reason you are switching but explain the other gym is closer to your house, fits your schedule better, etc. If however there is a chance the coach might change and you prefer to stay in that gym, then you may need to have an honest talk with the coach.

I think many coaches "yell" at their gymnasts. They raise their voice out of frustration, out of fear a gymnast might hurt themselves, to get through to some gymnasts. I don't think this necessarily a reason to leave a gym. In my opinion, it is only unacceptable if it is mean spirited. As far as your daughter "feeling" the coach is not being fair, sometimes their perception is not always accurate.

thank you for your advices and opinions.

as i am coach i don't yell to kids when they have fear. my opinion is yelling is not help kids to get through fear.
i talked them, encourages them, go back drills and help to build confidence.

And my DD get yelling is not fitting for her personality.
she is afraid and she can't breath well. A couple years ago she had really bad stress and couldnt breath well at gym and home. I talked to the coach and she said she will change how to train her and for while better but went back and we talked and samething happen, now my dd doesn't trust the coach.

i am not sure yet how to talked or how far be honest to the coach but i try to be best for my dd and my kids in the gym.

Thanks again!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back