WAG One more level 8 beam question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Texasmomof3

Proud Parent
My dd’s coach has upgraded her routine, and as a result, she now has two back tucks in her routine. Her series is a fwo-bt and she also has a regular back tuck in the routine.

I told her I don’t think two back tucks are allowed in level 8. Am I mistaken?

My dd’s coach has upgraded her routine, and as a result, she now has two back tucks in her routine. Her series is a fwo-bt and she also has a regular back tuck in the routine.

I told her I don’t think two back tucks are allowed in level 8. Am I mistaken?
I believe you are correct. Only one restricted C is allowed. (My kid is not a L8, but I’m trying to digest the rules for a friend who is) Good luck!

Can she change her series to something else? flic-flic? and then she can do the standing back tuck.
If you mean back handspring, she cannot do those on beam due to a shoulder issue. She does have a front handspring on beam that she could do as a stand alone B skill in place of the second back tuck. She also sometimes has a side aerial on beam, but she thinks that has to wait until level 9.

If you mean back handspring, she cannot do those on beam due to a shoulder issue. She does have a front handspring on beam that she could do as a stand alone B skill in place of the second back tuck. She also sometimes has a side aerial on beam, but she thinks that has to wait until level 9.
Awesome that she has choices! Good luck to her as I am sure it will turn out beautifully! ( and yes a flic-flic is a back-handspring back-handspring ) :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back