Parents Proud Little Monkey :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmonkeymomma

Proud Parent
Last night was the first session of the Rutgers Classic, we had a 4pm report time. Awards started at 8:30, it was a late night and a long meet. The 9 yr old group had 23 girls.

They had 8 squads so LM was in the 2nd rotation. First up, vault - they practice in the back which my older DD tells me has different landing pads than the competition ones and she always balks at that. LM vaults, looks ok, not her best 8.85

Next up bars - she does a beautiful warmup routine and then during the "real" one falls on the squat on (again) but ends up with 8.3 - YAY!!! We made it out of the 7's!! The coach asked the judge what her deductions were (in addition to the obvious) and she said her tap swings have to be higher and her flyaway was too low. Guess what? This was good enough for 9th place!!! :D

Beam - SHE STAYED ON!!! Maybe 1 or 2 wobbles more than usual, but she didn't fall off her BWO - score was 8.5 which I could tell by LM's face confused her because she has scored higher with a fall. Oh well.

FX - LM was the last to go, now it's close to 8:30 and I could tell she was tired after a day at school and a long meet. Her tumbling didn't look her usual during the touch warmup. She did her first tuck and landed on her butt. 8.0

AA of 33.65 was good enough for 12 th place. It was so late (after 9) that all she wanted to eat was a big salted pretzel.

That's just wonderful. Awfully late for little kids though. SOunds like the improvements are coming along well. Love the beam medal.

YEAH, Little Monkey! Wow, what a late session. I miss not doing the Rutgers Classic this year. was that photographer there? He takes great pictures! My DD also has squat on issues at times. And now at practice she won't work on one set of bars because she claims they are too far apart and she is afraid of peeling off, even though she never has. Seems to get it together (squat on) for the judge but falls all the time at practice and warm-ups. I have heard key to higher scores at 5 & 6 are those tap swings. Sounds like the Monkey is getting better with each meet. Staying on the beam is a plus too! At least with the Friday session it leaves the whole weekend free!

YEAH, Little Monkey! Wow, what a late session. I miss not doing the Rutgers Classic this year. was that photographer there? He takes great pictures! My DD also has squat on issues at times. And now at practice she won't work on one set of bars because she claims they are too far apart and she is afraid of peeling off, even though she never has. Seems to get it together (squat on) for the judge but falls all the time at practice and warm-ups. I have heard key to higher scores at 5 & 6 are those tap swings. Sounds like the Monkey is getting better with each meet. Staying on the beam is a plus too! At least with the Friday session it leaves the whole weekend free!

They gave out cool metal water bottles the ones with the clip things on top. Also they had alot of team gear on clearance, got a red hoodie for $12 (paid $40 for big DD's last yr) and they had t-shirts for $3-5!!

I let LM sleep in this morning, took big one to the gym (since she skipped last nite for no good reason) and LM is still sleeping right now at 10:35.

Oh and spoke briefly to coach, he said she was very nervous last nite and the beam score was b/c of the wobbles and her leg not being "straight enough" we have to work more on flexibility. He said she did like 6 bar routines in the back gym perfectly...maybe she thinks the fall is part of the routine, lol.

Congrats to Little Monkey!! Sounds like she is coming along nicely. All 8s!! And a huge congrats for staying on the beam and landing her BWO. Very late though to have a meet, especially after kids have been in school all day. She did great!

Good for LM, sounds like a pretty good day. What a long day, glad she was able to sleep in a bit this morning.

WTG Little Monkey! Those late night meets are so tough on the kids. I remember one L6 meet for Beetle where she was 9 we didnt get done with awards till 10:30!

Long day for her! Congrats on a pretty good meet! I always find it confusing when they score higher with a fall than without--probably a difference in judges too.

Way to hang tough LM! Great job on bars, outta the 7s and onto 8s!!!

That Friday session was a tough one with the time and the fact that they already had put in a full day before they even got to the meet.

Good job... :D

Congrats Little Monkey! I'm so happy for you. All your hard work is paying off with your awesome scores. And you deserve every bit of it woohoo!! :)

Yeah:) on a stuck beam routine and yeah on the first 8+ on bars:)
Level 6 scoring is making me frustrated... It is up and down here with each and every meet but tough all around.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back