WAG Recruiting timeline table?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymdoc

Proud Parent
I have a table that I pulled off chalkbucket a few years ago. Does anyone know where it came from originally?

I can't figure out how to post the table here, but it recommended being level 8 by 5th grade, level 9 national qualifier or level 10 by 8th grade, etc

It was a pretty aggressive timeline, so I think it was for a scholarship to D1.
So when I pull up wandrewsjr, I can only see their last 23 messages. It was at July 2016 or earlier that I saw it - any one know how I can search their more remote posts?

It was a pretty aggressive timeline, so I think it was for a scholarship to D1.
So when I pull up wandrewsjr, I can only see their last 23 messages. It was at July 2016 or earlier that I saw it - any one know how I can search their more remote posts?
Search function doesn't seem to work very well/often anymore. Most of the time, I can't find a post that I know is out there by using search.

Using Google to search "chalkbucket college timeline", this is one thread that came up that might be the one. I'll attach a screenshot and also tag you in a reply in that thread to see if it's what you're thinking of.

Attachments

• IMG_8263.PNG
    IMG_8263.PNG
    299.3 KB · Views: 182
Search function doesn't seem to work very well/often anymore. Most of the time, I can't find a post that I know is out there by using search.
I don't think anyone mentioned this yet. To do a Google search and just get results within Chalkbucket just add "site:chalkbucket.com" after your search term (you don't need to quotes). It's not perfect but I can usually find what I'm looking for.

I don't think anyone mentioned this yet. To do a Google search and just get results within Chalkbucket just add "site:chalkbucket.com" after your search term (you don't need to quotes). It's not perfect but I can usually find what I'm looking for.
I tried it for this thread, but I couldn't find it. It usually works for me too

upload_2017-7-21_19-41-49.png

Okay so finally got it to post, sorry if it is huge - any one know where this came from?
I used it in our Intro to Gymnastics Parent talk and got reprimanded for "killing the dream" haha.
Thanks for all the other links - I'll swap those in instead, and I'll let the parents do their own discovery about the realities of a D1 college scholarships

This allows for repeating L8 and L9, which not all athletes need to do for both levels, so that could skew the grades-levels by a bit based on the path your gymnast takes. My dd did L7-8-9 in 5th-6th-7th and made L9 Nationals. She would have been behind in 5th grade, but is not now. So...it's a guideline, but not a hard and fast rule. Info like this is interesting, but shouldn't cause anyone too much indigestion! :D

View attachment 6787
Okay so finally got it to post, sorry if it is huge - any one know where this came from?
I used it in our Intro to Gymnastics Parent talk and got reprimanded for "killing the dream" haha.
Thanks for all the other links - I'll swap those in instead, and I'll let the parents do their own discovery about the realities of a D1 college scholarships
Dream killer indeed. That's why I deleted my screenshot of this a few months ago :(

Nowadays, I'd bump that timetable down 2 years...i.e. Level 10 National Qualifier as an 8th grader ...After seeing how it's been going lately..

With early recruiting, many 2020-21 and 2021-22 spots are already committed. But I am puzzled as I read a number of announcements for incoming 2017 gymnasts as late as April/May/June. Some of them are going into the Ivies so no surprise there, but I also see schools like Cal, Arizona, Auburn, Towman, Utah State and others announcing incoming freshman. Some announcements indicate they are walk-ons but many don't. Would you say they have to be mostly walk-ons at this point? I read a gymnast switching commitment to a different school and a couple of gymnasts graduate HS early to start college gymnastics. Do they still get scholarship when it is late in the game add like that? Where do the schools get the scholarships to give when they have already offered up all the spot three or four years ago?

Not to derail another thread, but I think it's super cool that both Sydney Johnson and Ragan Smith were competing PreOpt (Excel) when they were 8!

Wasn't Ragan Smith in Ga before TX? If so, it is my understanding that they used to use prep op sometimes as a sort of fast track at some gyms.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back