SPOILER Event Finals Mens Floor, Women's Vault , Mens Pommel (post spoilers here)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

txgymfan

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Vault, I am cheering for McKayla, she is so good and has such a fun and dynamic personality. I would love the silver to go to Chusovetina, she is 37! Pena from DR is my choice for Bronze. Russia after not fighting for vault landings, I will not cheer for the Russian athletes on this event.

Mens Floor, Jake Dalton is in it for USA men, the girly part of me says he deserves gold just for looking so darn cute. Really, I hope he performs well enough for a medal of any color. :wolfwhistle:

Mens Pommel horse, Luis Smith has a good chance for team GB. Without an American in the field, go GB!

Unfortunately, I can't get to the computer until late afternoon so I will be reading results online before seeing video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I REALLY want the judges to give McKayla a 'perfect' score for her amanar, if she deserves one of course! Pretty sure they saw something the rest of us didn't in the TF! OK, so on the slow motion replay you see a tiny separation of her legs as she leaves the board, but I wouldn't have thought you can see that in real time!

Of course I am rooting for Louis and Max on Pommel!

I would LOVE Eliie Black from Canada to medal.

I would HATE Pena to come anything but last. Her vault is frightening and the fact that she got a score for it is shocking. I agree that difficulty is a big thing, but I do not want to watch a gymnast almost kill themselves repeatedly. Vaults should be within the gymnasts ability.

She sat down her Mustafina. Sandra Izbasa took gold, Maroney silver, Paseka bronze. They fiddled a ton with the scores though, adjusting, adjusting back...seemed like a big mess to me.

Gulp that was a whole lot of AGH!

Ellie Black seriously crashed her vault.

Maroney sat hers down and was off on her amanar landing.

Not sure how I feel about a medal with a fall.

Pena is just scary, no way should that be allowed over and over again.

Final scores:
Izbasa - 15.191
Maroney: 15.083
Paseka: 15.050

I really hope that Elsabeth Black is not hurt terribly. Hated to see that happen to her :( Just seemed an off day for many of the girls. Congrats to all the medal winners and women who went out there and competed!

She sat down her Mustafina. Sandra Izbasa took gold, Maroney silver, Paseka bronze. They fiddled a ton with the scores though, adjusting, adjusting back...seemed like a big mess to me.

Aww....so sad.....seems odd that the World Champ couldn't compete AA and then Vault champ places 2nd!

Oh well...as I tell my daughter, even if a meet doesn't go as she hoped, life will go on and she will wake up in the morning the same great kid as she was the day before.

Though I guess it's magnified a million fold at the Olympics :-(

Gutted for Maroney :( Silver is nothing to be ashamed of though- such a fluke for her to sit down on a vault though! Love that she was smiling on the podium though- some gymnasts should take a leaf out of her book ...*cough Komova cough Mustafina* :rolleyes:

That was very sad for Maroney. She was SO heavily the favorite.

In the results I saw she had a .3 penalty on her first vault. What was that for?

From facebook
"I really didn't deserve to win a gold medal if I fall on my butt, I'm not disappointed about the silver, I’m disappointed about my performance."- McKayla
to bad.. she showed time and time again that she is the best vaulter in the world. shame she had an off day today.

From facebook
"I really didn't deserve to win a gold medal if I fall on my butt, I'm not disappointed about the silver, I’m disappointed about my performance."- McKayla
to bad.. she showed time and time again that she is the best vaulter in the world. shame she had an off day today.

So so sad for her, but she handled herself really well. Definitely a good example for the kids on "losing" with grace and taking responsibility for yourself. She has the right attitude. If she had still won the gold even with the fall, it might not have meant as much to her. Weird day. It's like the gold went to the one person who didn't mess up.

Mckayla Maroney

SPOILER ALERT

I was so disappointed when I heard that Mckayla only got Silver in vault finals! Her Amanar was amazing, but she fell on her 2nd vault (her Mustafina). Everyone knows that she's the best vaulter in the world! After the competition, she said "
It happens, it's gymnastics. You can't be perfect and sometimes things don't go as you planned... I messed up. I'm gonna go home and rest a little bit and hopefully get back into gymnastics after that." Does this mean that she'll be back for 2016!?!?! Gosh, I really really hope so!​

SPOILER ALERT

I was so disappointed when I heard that Mckayla only got Silver in vault finals! Her Amanar was amazing, but she fell on her 2nd vault (her Mustafina). Everyone knows that she's the best vaulter in the world! After the competition, she said "
It happens, it's gymnastics. You can't be perfect and sometimes things don't go as you planned... I messed up. I'm gonna go home and rest a little bit and hopefully get back into gymnastics after that." Does this mean that she'll be back for 2016!?!?! Gosh, I really really hope so!​

Merged this here. Please check if there are already threads on the same topic. This is the fourth time we have had to merge your posts. Also if you are making a "spoiler" thread, please put it in the thread title.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back