Parents The fraustration Continues ...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

Ex member

I think you can all remember me saying that I had a meeting with the head coach about my youngest dd about moving out of rec.. The meeting went well with the head coach saying that he had noticed dd and that he was starting a new group and dd was on his list to start but it wouldn't be until November for various reasons like coach shortage (needed for cover if he needed to be away).

I have been patiently waiting (its hard lol), even had the head coach sat next to me a week ago and I didn't speak to him any more about dd (was really pleased with myself that I didn't)..

Fast forward to today ...

Youngest dd had her birthday party in the gym and one of the coaches (who had told me how good she thought dd was a few months ago) was one of the coaches on duty at the party (the have two) and we ended up chatting through out the entire party about dd and how will she thought she was doing and that she had mentioned dd to the head coach in the past, she also said that she wants to coach her own group and was promised her own group and that she wanted dd and some other girls she has noticed on it, I told her that I had approached the head coach about dd and told her what he told me but she didn't know much about it but seemed pleased that he had noticed her, this coach will be taking her next level of coaching exam soon and will be more qualified to teach on her own. She told me that she thought that dd had great flexibility and was really elegant the beam but needed to work on her strength for the vault (her weakest thing), I said that with dd's 1 hour rec class they really didn't work much on the strength side and she would benefit by more hours and she agreed with me, she told me that she would give me a conditioning sheet to take home so dd can work on it (she said that it would also benefit oldest dd),

I sort of wish the conversation never took place as it put doubts in my mind that maybe dd wouldn't get moved out of rec and the head coach some times doesn't deliver on his word (things are not good behind the scenes but that is something I want to keep out of). The positive side of it is the dd has or will be given something to work on while we are waiting for this to sort it self out.

Oldest dd has her first comp next weekend and I want to get that through that before sorting out this move up thing with youngest dd (if I need to).

Sorry for the long post..

Do you think that I can trust the head coaches word as there is some doubt about what he told us on my side, the positive side of me is thinking that he wouldn't have told us that he wants dd in his group of he didn't mean it (youngest dd was in the meeting with me and she knows what was said) and the negative side of me is thing that he is just stringing us along (can't think why as making my dd think that she is moving up and then nothing happens is beyond words to treat a young child this way), sometimes I wish that I could wake up and all this will be over and dd will be where she should be... sigh....

thanks for listening

i'm guessing your German..."fraustration". i like it. :)

and how old is she??

Oops didn't spot the spelling mistake lol,
My youngest dd will turn 7 next week.

wait a little longer and see if the coach does what he told you he would do. if not, confront them. :) never make promises you can't keep. especially with kids.

Thank you, that is what I am planning on doing, the positive side of me is saying that there is no reason that the head coach would say something he didn't mean especially when he said that if I had anymore question to go and see him. It just the negative part of me that is causing the doubts and frustration that listens to other people that say he doesn't always deliver on what he says in different matters to this.

I am still going to take the other coaches offer up on a conditioning sheet to take home (something that is given to do at home for the advanced and development girls), this came about during our conversation today and we got talking about my older dd (she is in a disability development group) and she said it wouldn't hurt for youngest dd to do some conditioning at home with my eldest dd.

I would wait as well. It is less than a month, at which point you should follow up. Explain at that point if there is further delay that this is important to you and your child and that you need a firm commitment. Perhaps you won't need to and HC will be good as their word.

Home conditioning is a good thing for most kids. Especially if they haven't had enough when they've left the gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back