Tiger Paws vs Golden Hands vs ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everyone!

I am looking into wrist supports because my right wrist gets really tender when I tumble (I'm a 22 year old average sized person, I shouldn't be surprised!) but I'm not sure what to buy.

Of course I've heard of Tiger Paws and I know they do have the option of buying just one, which is good for me since my left wrist doesn't hurt, at least not enough that I notice. I'm sure there are other brands though, I just googled gymnastics wrist supports and found Golden Hands as well.

Can anyone tell me the pro/cons of whatever brand, or what you would recommend?

Thanks guys! :)

Lion Paws

FWIW, Tiger Paws and Golden Hands are allegedly knock-offs of Lion Paws, the long-time product of a small, family-owned business:

About Us and Lion Paws

Lion Paws are available singly or in pairs.

Hi everyone!

I am looking into wrist supports because my right wrist gets really tender when I tumble (I'm a 22 year old average sized person, I shouldn't be surprised!) but I'm not sure what to buy.

Of course I've heard of Tiger Paws and I know they do have the option of buying just one, which is good for me since my left wrist doesn't hurt, at least not enough that I notice. I'm sure there are other brands though, I just googled gymnastics wrist supports and found Golden Hands as well.

Can anyone tell me the pro/cons of whatever brand, or what you would recommend?

Thanks guys! :)

what web site can you just buy one tigar paw on? i just got my cast odd and need just ONE asap!!! PM me with your answer as soon as you can thanks so much!

FWIW, Tiger Paws and Golden Hands are allegedly knock-offs of Lion Paws, the long-time product of a small, family-owned business:

About Us and Lion Paws

Lion Paws are available singly or in pairs.

Bizarre....I googled gymnastics wrist supports the other day and basically the only thing that came up was Tiger Paw. It says on their site that they rely on word of mouth but you'd think they would pay a little money to show up at the top of the search engine when it also says "don't be fooled by knockoffs" on their site.

At any rate I went ahead and bought my one Tiger Paw. I have heard good things about them, and if I hate it, I will just call US Glove and yell at them until they let me return it or something :p Plus, they are all about the same product, so I bet they all perform similarly.

Thank you guys for the information! :)

Oh my gosh you guys!!! I LOVE my Tiger Paw!

I ordered it last Thursday, I think, and received it Wednesday, the other day! Can't really beat that for shipping can you? I called them the day after I ordered it to make sure I was ordering the right size and the owner Mike told me that they make single Paws on-demand, so I was thinking it would take forever to get it in, but I was so surprised! He said to me "I'm leaving tomorrow to go on vacation for 12 days and I don't want to make it sound like nothing gets done while I'm gone, but...." so I was very not optimistic. But goodness...they proved me wrong!

Today was my first day that I was able to use my Tiger Paw and I did at least 5x the amount of tumbling today than I could do without it. The difference for me is night and day! No wrist pain during the tumbling, no wrist pain after the tumbling, no wrist pain after practice!

WOOHOO! I'm sorry, this is so silly of a thing to get excited about, but this really made my day! Totally worth the $30! :):):)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back