USAICC beam gold question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GikiGirl

Proud Parent
Gymnast
I am not sure what they mean for the dismount.

Gold Balance Beam Start Value 9.9
Special Requirements
An Acro series of two (2) elements on beam, one (1) with flight
2. Minimum 360 degree turn on one foot

3. Dance Series of Two or more elements, one of which is a leap/jump with a minimum of 135 degree split
4. A minimum “Bâ€￾ or “Bâ€￾ element in a series prior to an “Aâ€￾ dismount

Do you have to do a series for a dismount...for example what if I do a front pike dismount, which is an A, since it is not a series would that be fine? Or do they want you to do a RO or bhs into say a back tuck. It just seems weird to me to not allow a single skill dismount...

In the next level up, platinum they ask for a B dismount but say nothing about a series for the dismount.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the USAICC program, but I think they want the dismount to be a series. I'm guessing your choices would be either bhs or roundoff back tuck or pike.

Seems to me like you need to have a B as the actual dismount or right before the dismount. So your options for a single dismount would be a 2 foot front layout, a 1 foot front layout with a full twist, or a gainer full off the side.

It means you need to have a B skill (a round off or a backhandspring) connected to an A skill.
So yes, it has to be a backhandspring back tuck/pike dismount, or roundoff tuck/pike, or something like that! In gold, it can't be just a single skill dismount, that's only in copper/bronze/silver levels.

That's how I interpret it too, but it just seems unfair to require this, when platinum beam doesn't require a series, but rather one B skill is fine. And also to not require Bs as part of the dismount on floor or off bars (both of which I have....) but to require it off beam. also USAIGC gold is the same basically as level 8 if not easier, but in usag level 8 you don't need to do this off beam..its strange they are so fussy w/ the beam dismount but nothing else in usaigc gold to me. Guess I need to start working on something. I compete level 8 normally so its a pain to just have to adjust to this one requirement.

Oh now I feel dumb for not having understood, as I read it now, minimum B OR B as part of a series...ok fine...but why is beam the only event they are requiring a B dismount in gold level? Bizarre.

Last edited:
i recently went through the same confusion and when i talked to my coach about it she said that if you do a single element the skill has to be worth a "B" but if you are doing a series one of the skills in your series has to be a "B" so if it was a series it would haveto be a roundoff into dismount or a backhandspring into a dismount or a cartwheel into a dismount thatis worth a "B"

i hope i did an ok job explaining this. its kind of confusing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back