Coaches USAIGC Bronze beam and copper 1/2 floor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymRays

Coach
Proud Parent
I'm new to USAIGC. In Copper 1&2 on floor I see a SR that says Handstand Element -stretched position (min 1 sec hold).
What skills would this include aside from just a handstand? Or is it meant to be just a handstand or handstand roll?

Also for Bronze and Diamond beam it says isolated split leap minimum is 90 degree but then says "( if less than 135 no vp yes sr). Want does that mean? Says the same for the dance series SR.

Also am I reading it correctly that Bronze requires 6As and Diamond is 5As 1B but both levels can do A&B skills?

Thanks you.

I‘m not a coach, just a parent so yell at me if I’m not allowed to answer lol. But yes A and B are allowed in both Bronze and Diamond. And they mean that a 90 degree leap on beam would get the 0.4 Special Requirement, but would not get B Value Part unless they were 135. So in Diamond, they’d lose 0.3 if they didn’t have another B. (Which I can’t imagine they wouldn’t) My daughter went from L5 to IGC Bronze several years ago, so I’m not great with CI or CII rules. Good luck!

I‘m not a coach, just a parent so yell at me if I’m not allowed to answer lol. But yes A and B are allowed in both Bronze and Diamond. And they mean that a 90 degree leap on beam would get the 0.4 Special Requirement, but would not get B Value Part unless they were 135. So in Diamond, they’d lose 0.3 if they didn’t have another B. (Which I can’t imagine they wouldn’t) My daughter went from L5 to IGC Bronze several years ago, so I’m not great with CI or CII rules. Good luck!
Ok, that makes sense. The rules are not well written and difficult to find any clarification. Thank you.

Is the VP requirements 6As for Bronze and 5As 1B for Diamond? Or can Diamond do 6As OR 5As and 1 B?

Is the VP requirements 6As for Bronze and 5As 1B for Diamond? Or can Diamond do 6As OR 5As and 1 B?
Yes. 6 As for Bronze and Diamond is 5As, 1B. That’s what our gym requires for Bronze actually, and they want 2 Bs for Diamond. (But we are changing to NGA this season, so it’s a moot point now I suppose lol)

Did that work? I’m terrible at technology lol but that’s the most recent rules I have. As a coach, you may have something more current!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back