Off Topic Weight Training

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

onelittledream

Proud Parent
DD is not at the level ( I think) where formal weight training is needed to improve perfomance. They do use wrist,ankle, tie on weights (very small ones for her) during some conditioning. But I did hear today, while picking up from open gym, some other mothers talking about going to the weight training gym we have in town on top of doing gymnastics. I "think" but am not sure that these were parents of level 7 girls that are preparing for level 8.

Questions are: Is there a recommended weight training to go with all the rest of the gymnastics workouts? If so what level/age do they start this usually? And: What does the weight training regime look like?

No need. A good program should be able to do pretty much everything a girl will need up into upper level optionals through its own strength and conditioning regimen. If you have a boy who needs more oomph for rings and pbars as he's moving into L9, then consider it after a conversation with the coach.

No need. A good program should be able to do pretty much everything a girl will need up into upper level optionals through its own strength and conditioning regimen. If you have a boy who needs more oomph for rings and pbars as he's moving into L9, then consider it after a conversation with the coach.

Thank you, I was thinking along those lines but just wanted to be sure!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back