Parents 1 month till first level 4 meet...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
And little DD is still working on getting her bar skills! However, today she did 6 shoot throughs without a spot!:) On the real bar (not the preschool sized bar!) Coach says when they do 3 in a row they "have" the skill so we will see! She defintely sees skills come and go so it will be interesting to see if it stays this time.

She still needs the mill circle (so close!) and the FHC (not so close) so I am hoping that any bar fairies who are bored and have nothing to do might fly her way in the next few weeks. Her vault is also...well...interesting...but it is nice to see her pick up one of the big bar skills.

I would really like to see her qualify for state this season, she will most definitely be repeating L4 next year but would love for her to get to go to state with her teammates. She needs a 28AA to qualify, which I know is low compared to many other areas but she will likely struggle to get it. She has all her beam and floor skills but she struggles with form/tightness. One thing I do know is, she is going to be darn cute out there!

Thanks for reading, just wanted to do a quick update and, of course, brag! Enjoy the holidays everyone!

My dd started off her level 4 season with some weak (or nonexistant) bar skills too but finished strong and ended up placing 1st AA (and 2nd on bars) at her states meet. I don't know about your daughter, but I think mine learns her skills much more quickly during meet season. In between that first meet and her last one, her skills really take off. If she could maintain that kind of focus year round, no telling what she'd be capable of! ;)

Best of luck to her! (and you!) I know she'll get it! Sending fairies...

Good luck to your little DD with those bar skills!

My Level 4 DD has her first meet ever in 2 weeks. She has just 3 practices left and I'm getting so excited, but also very nervous. She had practice this morning and it was so-so. She struggles with form and details on floor and beam. On beam one of her biggest issues is her heel snap. She doesn't fall, but she often drops her foot. I know she'll be getting lots of little deductions.

Bars for her is a good event. She made all of her routines today, but was a little loose in her legs.

She needs vault fairies if any are out there. I'm so glad they get two vaults because she's so inconsistent on vault. She can do 5 vaults and each one looks different to me.

Anyways, good luck to your DD and I'll be looking forward to your meet report!

The season for DD is really in the fall, so we have no state meet to worry about. Right now she's just competing invitationals so it's nice to know it's just for fun. We don't have a score to qualify to states where we live. She'll have to qualify to District and from there it's not a score, but a certain number of girls. I'm very jealous about the 28 to qualify and want to move to your state!

good luck to your dd!! As soon as my DD is done with the bar faries I will send them your way ;)

My DD had that same issue with the bars. It took her 3 meets before she got the FHC in competition. Of course, it turned out to be one of her best events at the state meet a few weeks ago. :) Bet your girl will get it very soon! Will look out for the bars fairy and send her your way. Can't wait to see video!

Good luck to your DD. It sounds like she is well on her way to mastering bars! I hope that she has a great season. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back