Parents 10.0 LSU College Routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This routine is not vulgar or suggestive, in my opinion. I've seen some college routines that are suggestive or have icky lines that made me cringe. I've also seen many many optional, elite and college routines ...some elite videos on another popular website just today ...that....made ....me.....yaaaawnnn. This one made me cheer. Bravo!!

My whole family are fans. What this reminds me of is the 'second line' type dancing that I saw on Treme. I always thought it was more a New Orleans cultural influence. But then my point of reference is a HBO series so take me with a grain of salt. ;) I totally agreed it would not work for every gymnast (my daughter included), but it works for her.

I think it's great!

I don't think she is the best dancer I have ever seen, but she sure does have the energy and the skills, and I love that's it's not the same ole' same ole'... Showed it to my DDs and my 12 yo loved it, and my 10 yo shrugged and said she needs better rhythm. Ha ha. To each their own, right?

Socially liberal loose cannon that I am,I think this is awesome.But ,that is coming from a mother of a 9 year old who wants to use Eminem for her floor routine .

Seriously,songs such as "till I collapse" would make for some great floor music for the right gymnast.

I agree!

My DD thinks "Talk Dirty to Me" by Jason Derulo would make for great floor music. I just wouldn't want to be there when people make the connection of the tune to the actual song.:eek:

I really like her style! Most girls could never pull it off but she definatly has her own style and her tumbling is the best out there in my opinion. I don't think its raunchy but I have seen some routines that would qualify as such in the NCAA gymnastics world!!. Maybe we should start a thread about that!! ;)just kidding!!

She's performing to gospel music for pete's sake, Tye Tribett to be precise, V.I.C.T.O.R.Y. Folks really need to get out more, her fierceness is in praise and celebration of her God-given gifts. Nothing in those moves (e.g. stomping one's feet) is sexually suggestive or improper. Every one of the girls out there is already half naked. If modesty is your aim, gymnastics is the wrong sport. Ballet and lyrical are certainly not the only forms of dance. They all take skill.

My kids and I rock out to gospel music all the time and when my daughter saw Lomincia at the SEC championship last year, immediately started singing along. DD and I knew every.single.word. It's nice to have an ATHLETE out there DD and I can relate to.

Last edited:
This is her fifth perfect 10.0 on floor in her collegiate career. That speaks volumes to her talent. She is my favorite collegiate athlete. For a different perspective on her dance ability, I suggest people watch a couple of her beam routines. She is powerful and graceful all at the same time.

Also, her floor routine is slightly different each time. Although the general choreography and floor pattern are set, she just sort of wings it with most of her dance. It is definitely a powerful experience for her.

@NutterButter Our girls must be cut from the same cookie dough, because my DD wants that song too, and I'm thinking hmmmmm, not good if people make the connection!!! HAHA

As for this floor routine, I can appreciate her superior tumbling but her dancing is not my cup of tea (probably because I have a dance background). It does seem a bit masculine to me, and some of the faces she makes looks like she is down right angry. BUT, I still think she is a phenomenal athlete and knows how to play to a crowd and put on a show!! To have at least 5 perfect 10s is absolutely remarkable weather you enjoy her floor routine or not!

I posted this in the "Baton Rouge" thread too. We had the pleasure of watching her compete against UF in Gainesville. She was one of the most personable young ladies I've meet. She talked with my girls and their friends, took pictures with them and signed autographs for them. She came across as a friendly humble and overall lovely young lady :)
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1397009165.791529.jpg

This is what's fun about college gymnastics - they get to show personality. I wonder if compulsories were tough for her...

She is a lovely girl isn't she. Your DD is cute as a button. Look at those smiles!

I have heard nothing but great things about her.

It's just too "stagey" for me. It's a show.

From one point of view, I do like it. Amazing tumbling, entertaining, good fun. But I like it as an exhibition piece, the show part seems to overwhelm the point- the gymnastics.

I wouldn't like to see this sort of routine in a "normal" or FIG comp. We should be judging to select the kid who's gymnastics is best, not the one most capable of playing the crowd.

As an aside, she's not your usual gymnast build is she? Makes me think if she can do moves like that, why are we almost exclusively selecting the skinny little kids for elite? Or do her other apparatus not match up skill wise because of her strength:weight?

Isn't she kind of similar in build to Shawn Johnson? She's 4'11". She competes beam and floor this season. Her beam routine is very good. She usually scores very high on that too. Anyone know if she was ever elite level?

This is her fifth perfect 10.0 on floor in her collegiate career. That speaks volumes to her talent. She is my favorite collegiate athlete. For a different perspective on her dance ability, I suggest people watch a couple of her beam routines. She is powerful and graceful all at the same time.

Also, her floor routine is slightly different each time. Although the general choreography and floor pattern are set, she just sort of wings it with most of her dance. It is definitely a powerful experience for her.

Yes!

I can see liking, not liking, loving or hating this routine. But "horrifying", "offensive" and "raunchy"?! I truly don't understand. I don't see anything overtly sexual about the routine. I can completely understand not liking the dancing in the routine(I wouldn't really call it choreography), but can someone please point out to me which parts are offensive?

I love her and her routines, within the context of college gymnastics which has always appeared rather more fun and free than FIG Artistic. I have to say that I would balk at the thought of such a routine on anything like a FIG Championships platform but I do love it as it stands.

I don't think it's raunchy or suggestive at all. It needs to be acknowledged that we are looking at a college age girl, who would have about as much luck in containing that personality as she would have in containing that backside. Hell, what's wrong with a girl using her assets?

What is really interesting to me is how Minci has suddenly exploded onto social media; even my non-gymnastics friends are sharing this, and I can usually hear their exasperated sighs whenever I link routines on Facebook. If she is making people who wouldn't normally look sit up and take notice, she is even more wonderful than I have always thought.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back