Parents 10.0 LSU College Routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I love it! And so does my daughter! While it is not traditional in the sense of dance moves or positions, it does not have empty lackluster posey, posey "dance" to pretend to be dancing. It is infused with personality plus and sass from start to end--love it!! If she took a basic hip hop dance class she could add even a little more that would make it even more just plain amazing! Yeah!

I just posted this video in the In Baton Rouge thread. :) She is just so fun to watch, and her tumbling is amazing. One of our favorites for sure. I read in one article that this kind of routine "wouldn't fly" at the Olympics. That's too bad!

Love her as an overall gymnast and love her floor routines specifically! I am crazy about this routine but liked season's even more :)

I'm sure this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't like it. Don't get me wrong -- I think she's a great gymnast, but the routine just doesn't speak to me. The tumbling is obviously huge, but the rest is lacking for me.

I can respect you opinion Seeker. I'm not a judge or a coach so I can't speak to the technical merits of the routine. I just think she's ridiculously fun to watch! :)

We follow the SEC pretty closely and watch a lot of their meets on TV. Love her energy. Her routines are electric and you can feel the crowd's response even on TV.

I've seen her compete this routine live, and it's a lot of fun. I think it suits her, and she does it well. Still, not my favorite style.

I've also seen her compete that routine live ...and was horrified. Her tumbling is amazing but I found the choreography (if one calls it that) offensive. She has been interviewed and says it is inspired by God...uh no...if I were her parents I would want (demand) a different routine...I know she scores well with it but it just cheapens her in my opinion...

I've also seen her compete that routine live ...and was horrified. Her tumbling is amazing but I found the choreography (if one calls it that) offensive. She has been interviewed and says it is inspired by God...uh no...if I were her parents I would want (demand) a different routine...I know she scores well with it but it just cheapens her in my opinion...

She is the daughter and granddaughter of pastors, I suspect most likely Methodist Episcopal. It's a religious tradition with which many white Americans are unfamiliar. Her floor routines very much invoke the spirit of these religious practices. When I watch her, I see joyous praise of God.

She is the daughter and granddaughter of pastors, I suspect most likely Methodist Episcopal. It's a religious tradition with which many white Americans are unfamiliar. Her floor routines very much invoke the spirit of these religious practices. When I watch her, I see joyous praise of God.

What "religious tradition" would one be unfamiliar with in this routine? I know that her father is a pastor and that's why i am shocked that he'd be ok with a routine like this...

i was told she was mimicking the moves that male athletes make during their games- touchdown dances, etc.
i saw a lot of that in the routine.

The thing I really like about it is that it is HER . I see so many routines where the girls are just doing a movement. There is no personality, or energy, or even buy in for what they are doing. They are just supposed to shake, or wiggle, or reach, etc. They know the movements, but they don't dance. You can tell that everything she is doing is authentic, and that to me is what makes it spectacular!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back