Parents 2nd level 5 meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well daughter had her 2nd level 5 meet this past weekend. It was tougher than she thought it would be competing by herself. She really missed her teammate who normally competes with her. She was not her normal spunky self.
Although her scores were pretty consistent from the last meet, she had a fall on the beam and her all around was down from a 34.2 to a 33.3.
Floor she got a 8 was the 1st event for her and the first to compete.
Vault she got a 8.15
Bars the same as before 8.6
Beam a 8.55 she fell after her cartwheel, this has her bummed out she has never fell on beam in a meet. I knew it would happen soon or later.
The good news is that she still placed 4th AA for her age group out of 20 girls. The meet turned out better than it started out. She was in a squad with 2 other teams a large team that was not that good and a small team of about 7 girls. She tried to talk to the a girl from the large team and she said to my daughter that she should not be talking to her during a competition. Well then one of the girls from the small team started to talk to her and by the end of the meet the whole team (the smaller good team) was cheering for her. During her beam routine I heard my daughters name and looked around to see who they were calling to and it turns out it was her. The rest of the meet and during awards they were cheering for her like she was one of them. The girls from this team also placed in 1-3rd spots. My daughter made some new friends and the this team competes in our league so she will get to see them at future meets. It is so nice to see girls from other clubs getting along so well I bet they could teach a few parents a thing or two!!!
Once again I tried to video her but her floor came out so small. Then during bars I was so nervous that I looked away with the camera. My daughter yelled at me she must of saw me turn my head during her bar routine! :) Maybe next time.

It's always tough by yourself. Kudos to the other team for cheering your DD on, great sportsmanship.

My DD fell earlier this season off beam in a meet which she had only done twice in about 12-15 meets. I was thinking 'what in the world, she never falls off !!' like you said, it happens to everyone. It is a good learning experience to be able to hop back up and keep going.

Love that she had such a great experience with the other club. Amazing how some kids just click. It is hard for them to be alone in their rotation and it helps to have some peers cheering for you!

So sorry that she had such a rough Beam day! The next meet will be better I'm sure of it. Tell her everyone is allowed to have an "off" day, that she'll get it the next time. I'm so glad that she made some new friends at the meet. How fun!

What a great attitude that the other team has! I love it when the girls can make friends with girls from other teams. My dd has "gym friends" from several gyms that we compete against and it is always to great to run into them at meets. Last year at State, one the "gym friends" was all by herself (she was the only one from her gym in that session), so during awards dd invited her to sit with her team and they all cheered her on when she got to the podium. I love that kind of commraderie! I hope that you can make some new and lasting friendships with the girls from the small gym.

Love that the other team was cheering her on too! Makes me smile. Congrats to her on a good meet! Every one falls at some point--get it out of the way now ;-)

Congrats to her on a solid 2nd meet at level 5!! Like you said, everyone falls sometime off beam at a meet. It sucks, but they move on. Loved the story about the other team supporting her. Really sweet. And you are right, could teach the parents a thing or 2. :)

Sounds like she is off to a solid season!! That is always nice.

She did awesome and 4th Place AA !!! WOW . Alex also was alone with another team at her state meet. She is the only 10 year old on her L4 team. She talked to some girls from another team as well! It is nice when they can be competitive and still get along with other teams!! Thats what great sportsmanship is all about!! Good for her!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back