3rd Meet today!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Today my gym is hosting a meet! We have never hosted one before since this is the first year we even have a team. It's called the Flip into Spring fun meet. I am a little nervous because I still haven't done my ROBHS with out someone standing there. I also still haven't done a great beam routine! Since it's the meet we are hosting though, I am sure it will be more relaxed and fun!

I'm sure you will do great!! It's your home meet, and your used to the equipment, so there is nothing to worry about!! Remember what you said in your quote, you can do all things through HIM who gives me strength :)

you can do it i know you can. dont let this pass week not being the best get you down. go and ROCK that meet!!!!!

I'm sure you will do great!! It's your home meet, and your used to the equipment, so there is nothing to worry about!! Remember what you said in your quote, you can do all things through HIM who gives me strength :)

Thanks! I did have a great meet! Before each event I remembered the verse and it helped :)

Here's the report:

The scoring is by color blue being the best and rainbow being the worst.

Blue [8.00-10.00]

Red [7.00-7.99]

White [6.00-6.99]

Rainbow [Anything below]

First up was bars. This week was not very good for me on bars because I hadn't been making my stride circles. It turned out though that everything went really well in the routine and I even got to watch a video of it and I thought it looked good too. So I got a blue.

Second up was Vault. I got a blue and thought it was pretty good. It's my strongest event.

Next was Beam. I wasn't too happy with it but almost everyone on my team got a red because it was not a good day for handstands or cartwheels. (I don't have to do a cartwheel because I am in level 4, but my team is made up of levels 3-5) I wobbled on all my turns, the leap was barely a leap, the jumps were barely jumps and I moved one foot about an inch above the beam for a handstand. So I got a red because the rest was okay.

Last was floor. After my trouble for the past 5 months with a mental block on my roundoff backhandspring I didn't know how it would go. During warm up I did several standing back handsprings but I am still freaking out about connecting it so during my routine my coach stood by me but never had to reach out and actually touch me for it. I also got to watch it on video and everything looked good except the leap could have been bigger and my legs could have been straighter in places. I got a blue!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back