abs conditioning?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
I have a fairly basic (but IMO good) list of abs conditioning:

- pike-ups on the regular floor
- pike-ups with legs against a wall (feet up, only lifting chest)
- scissor pike-ups (one leg up at a time alternating and bringing chest up every time a leg comes up; this should be done quite fast)
- hollow hold
- rockers (on all four sides)
- front support hold on elbows (toes tucked under; this is a lot harder than it sounds)

Hope this helps.

Great one:
Hold a handstand against the pommel horse (back/bottom against the horse) and have a partner push your shins...in other words TRY and arch the body, the participant must resist this arch...great ab exercise...
Or hold a handstand with the shins against a bar (hands almost directly under the bar), have a partner push on the lower back, again, trying to arch the participant...another good ab exercise...

I have a fairly basic (but IMO good) list of abs conditioning:

- pike-ups on the regular floor
- pike-ups with legs against a wall (feet up, only lifting chest)
- scissor pike-ups (one leg up at a time alternating and bringing chest up every time a leg comes up; this should be done quite fast)
- hollow hold
- rockers (on all four sides)
- front support hold on elbows (toes tucked under; this is a lot harder than it sounds)

Hope this helps.

thanks! many of those i've tried, but a couple of them are new for me. cant wait to try 'em. :]

Leg lift variants, leg lift throwdowns on your back, skin the cats, inverted situps.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

The Best Of All Time: Layout Jaeger

UPDATE: The Liukin Club

Back