Parents Alexis is out of her boot and more determined than ever....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am so proud and astonished by my DGD. Just a few weeks ago she badly broke 2 fingers and her foot doing a bhs on the beam at state. She was regional bound until the last event where this happened. It completely halted the state meet (for all events) for several minutes while they assessed the damage, etc. She got her pins out a couple of weeks ago and is doing physical therapy on her fingers (one is still bent) and she got the boot off her foot on Tuesday.

I was almost brought to tears when I read the post my daughter just put on facebook and wanted to share it with y'all:

SO proud of my super trooper! Only 7 weeks after demolishing 2 fingers and breaking her foot...tonight she is once again doing handsprings on the balance beam....

GOOD for her! She sure does sound like a trooper! My DD (10) broke her thumb doing BHS on beam too. She is cleared to go back in about 10 more days. I am nervous she will be scared to do these now on the beam after being out 5 weeks.

She may be,but be patient...she'll get it back if she is determined to do so...good news is, she is young and her fears are (hopefully) not quite a high as when they get a bit older (or at least that's what I am finding). The first time she broke her fingers (other hand)..it was on that same bhs on beam (obviously she just isn't getting it consistently, but she does it beautifully most times). She had a deep fear after that, oh, and she probably still does but she just doen't like things to beat her so she just goes back again...good and bad, in my opinion...but she loves her sport. And once she told me that when she looks at the beam she wants to "throw up" but again, she loves her sport so I am confident that this time she will not let it get her again....Good Luck to your DD as she goes back to beam...

Good for her! I've been following your posts on your dgd's injury and so glad to her that she is back at the gym. Sounds like she really wants it and is showing alot of fortitude to go for it. A valuable life lesson extending beyond gymnastics. Wishing her a speedy recovery and hoping she is back on that beam in no time :)!

Glad she didn't develop any fears! Hopefully she knows not to push too hard too early so she doesn't delay her full return.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back