WAG Aly 2020?! How cool! Can she do it?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The rumor mill says that USAG is building a house for Valeri at the ranch.

Would Valerei be as hard a taskmaster as Martha, I do love the style of the Woga gymnasts & I think people thought I was c-razy when I said Madison's floor was my favourite of the P&Gs, I loved her elegance & long lines (plus many counteries including even Russia would have loved her on their team for her floor!!) her difficulty was weak by US standards but that floor would have held it's own on many national teams!! She has the classic style international judges love quite similar to Nastia.
What changes would Valerei bring, I can't see anyone being as ruthless as Martha! Mihai would be great but I couldn't see him being as harsh or contrary as Martha!
On another forum I am on there is rumours that Martha is going to Romania to try & sort out the team situation there but I cannot see that happening somehow!!!

Thanks for the insight. I've always thought it would be Valerei until they hired Rhonda. I think Valerei has put in the time and alot of the Elite coaches are expecting it to be him.

I think Aly and Simone have great reasons to continue gymnastics.
  1. They clearly love it.
  2. They are great.
  3. Maybe the best reason. $$$$$$$$ They are getting paid! Their sponsor endorsements will be much higher if they are competing.

I think Rhonda could be a very big fly in the ointment....and she's a former National team member and Marta obviously loves her and she's right there in the thick of it all.....she's a little bit younger than Valeri and not "attached" to any gym like Valeri is so it wouldn't surprise me if it was her either. I've always thought that USAG had to have offered a huge carrot to lure her from her reign over NCAA , and life in Florida (vs Indy), and top dog in USA Gymnastics would certainly fit that bill...

I would have loved to have seen Kelli Hill take over but obviously she is no longer in the picture. She always seemed to be one of the saner elite coaches of her era ( although still very intense). Her gymnasts Elise Ray, Courtney Kupets, Dominique Daws and even Corrie Lothrop were my favorites. She clearly had a close relationship with her elite team.

Valeri still owns the gym, I think, but I don't believe he coaches his own athletes anymore.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back