WAG Ankle brace vs. Tape

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 17723

This seems to be such a controversial topic-pros and cons to both. Which do you or your dd prefer? Personally, I like tape but its expensive and takes quite a bit of time to put on. It makes me feel more secure though. Braces are great because they are quick to put on and can be adjusted, but what do you guys like? Which is better? I am currently using a Donjoy ankle brace-orthopedic gave it to me. I love it, especially the plastic inserts-great for recovering from my severe sprain. For my first meet back doing aa we are planning on tape with the brace on top for extra support :rolleyes:

I tape my ankles for beam with beam shoes over the tape, and for floor I use ASO ankle braces I prefer braces because the tape tends to get loose and not as supportive

I prefer braces... but I am allergic to tape, so i have to be careful... any adhesive on my skin causes problems - found this out in 8th grade track when I was having my ankles taped daily. Didn't know I was allergic, but I had rashes and skin would come off with the tape... even if we used pre-wrap, because the tape always extends past the prewrap at some point. I have been known to brace and then tape where needed (in the middle of the brace, not near the edges) for extra support.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back