WAG any word on optionals' vault in 2013?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

profmom

Proud Parent
Has anyone heard any gossip about what's likely to happen with optionals' vault under the new code? I assume that new L6 will keep the front handspring and new L8 will be where they start doing Tsuks and Yurchenkos, but has there been any talk of, for instance, making a Yurchenko timer a vault worth doing at new L7?

That would be nice. I think it's a bit silly that as it is now a Yurchenko with repulsion in level 8 is only out of a 7.0, 2 points less than a handspring. I think coaches, particularly those who let their level 8s flip scary Yurchenkos/Tsuks, need some incentive to play it safe until a kid is totally ready for a flipping vault.

That would be nice. I think it's a bit silly that as it is now a Yurchenko with repulsion in level 8 is only out of a 7.0, 2 points less than a handspring. I think coaches, particularly those who let their level 8s flip scary Yurchenkos/Tsuks, need some incentive to play it safe until a kid is totally ready for a flipping vault.

I completely agree...I like the idea of competing with the Level 4 vault mat behind the vault table and doing a timer to your back better than just doing a repulsion and trying to stick it as, based on my personal experience, I would have to decrease the power of my timer to land it on my feet, which wouldn't actually help much as a progression to flipping. Something different needs to happen though, whichever way they choose to go...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back