Atlantis Crown Gymnastics Invitational 2011

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was going to upload this last weekend but didn't have a chance.

The weekend of Dec. 16-17 was amazing...why? It was the first ever Atlantis Crown Gymnastics Invitational. Why was it awesome?

More than 400 male & female gymnasts representing 16 states, The Bahamas and Trinidad and Tobago competed in the beautiful, sunny, relaxing Bahamas! :D

The meet took place at the Atlantis Resort and to cut it short, it was lovely. The judging was tough but all round fair. The setup was really nice and the gymnasts all enjoyed themselves...I mean, who wouldn't? Flipping and swinging in the Bahamas! Many people have already started asking about next year and all I have to say is that Atlantis Crown 2012 is going to be bigger and better! If you didn't make it this year, you've gotta go for it next year! You won't regret it :)

It's for levels 2-10 and it was hosted by Gym America and Branch Gymnastics and they did a fabulous job putting it all together! kudos to them :D

Did any of you compete or know someone who competed here?

Some of my dds teammates went and said they had a great time! Head coach said it was run well and we would probably be going back next year :). It was too short notice for our family this year but look forward to going next year!

and of course, Claudia and Al are great people. as well as some of the others that have helped out down there. i am seriously missing the Goombay along with a fresh Conch salad. and the strawberry & pina colada ice afterwards. and the sunset...sigh

say hello to "peanut" (sydney) from me!:)

say hello to Rufus & family, & Kevan & family, and Nicola & family and all the other Bahamian families at Bahama Star Gymnastics!

and although my name must remain confidential here, how many fisherman have you known that have caught a species of fish named the "jetskier". none i'll bet!:)

HC is talking about upcoming travel meets... Ohio next year and Chicago the year after that. But boy, I could sure get behind a trip to the Bahamas! I'd be willing to do a whole lot of car washes and candy bar sales to go to that meet!

OK, we need to get some better flights between Barbados and Bahamas - it's crazy that we would have to go all the way up to Miami to come back down - that really isn't "regional" for us, though it should be! If we have to fly 3.5 hours to Miami anyway, we might as well compete almost anywhere in the U.S.

We are having our first meet here in April 2012 - should be exciting! I am helping to organize it.

My DD competed there. We made it into a family vacation, but my youngest DD and I had to stay home because she severely broke her arm a few days before departure. They had a fabulous time in the Bahamas and loved the meet (except the lighting and the placement of the equipment could have been better) and we hope that it's on gymmie's schedule next year so that the whole family can actually go (knock on wood ;) ). I heard that the coaches had a blast, too, so, hopefully, that's a good sign. :)

Some of our team attended... loved the location, resort, meet, etc.. Results weren't great. But they have practiced extremely hard this week.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back