Parents Awards and results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2kazkids

Proud Parent
OK I posted in the thread of Bug's 2nd level 5 meet that the roster and her score card said she was in the 8 and under age group, but they did awards as 9 and under. Results are posted today, and her scores are posted in 8 and under. So instead of having awards based on 40 girls (15 in 8 and under, and 25 in 9y) her results are shown with just the 15 that were in 8 and under. Here is how she really did.

Vault 7.8 11th place
Bars 8.0 6th place (was 20T as 9 and under)
Beam 8.850 4th place (was 16 as 9 and under)
Floor 8.875 5th place (was 12 as 9 and under)
AA 33.525 6th place (Was 20 as 9 and under)

Still a little irritating that they combimed the levels for actual awards, then split them for results.

Barb

That would bother me as well. Weird. At least you can tell her what she would have been. We had them make a mistake at a meet Abby was at once, they mixed her beam score with a teammates and we thought they had fixed it, but hadn't and it wasn't until awards that we realized it. So at awards, she would have gotten 3rd AA and ended up lower down. She did enjoy seeing that she really had been 3rd AA.

She did an awesome job, really too bad that they did this to her. Considering a medal cost nothing and just getting up onto that poduim is a huge deal, you think they could've done a better job!

I hope you celebrate her real placements!

This happened to both my girls last year, all 3 meets for baby Bog and One meet for Bigger Bog. Baby would have been 1st AA in the correct age group, she ended up with no medals as they only place to 3rd.

This reminds me of one of my pet peeves: the rare meet that clumps too many ages together in one group. This happened once last year, when the level 5s were in a group that was something ridiculous like ages 7 to 12 (totally made up numbers, but it was a huge range like that). There were tons of girls, too, so I'm not sure why they did it. DD would've gotten firsts and seconds, including first aa, if they'd broken down the ages as other meets did. She was fine with that after we explained it to her. However, during the awards, despite their best efforts to put on good-sportsman-faces, I could see her face and some others' that we know well pull down little by little, as they thought they'd done well (and they actually had).

Anyway, I can totally see how this was frustrating to you guys! Just rest assured knowing how well she did regardless of medals and public recognition. I guess this is one proof of how gym is not all about placements and awards!

Last edited by a moderator:
How weird that they'd post results as one grouping, but award medals as another! I would think their computer scoring program would give them problems about that too!

And I hate it when they have too large an age group--or one is HUGE, but another tiny (like one meet for Beth last year--5 girls in her age group, but 20+ in the next one. They could have moved the youngest from the next group to hers and made it way more even (yes, I counted LOL!).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back