back handspring crossway on the beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

how common is this skill? I am starting to do this because i have short handsprings but what steps do you do to learn it? Im not doing this at home by the way just looking for drills to try at the gym because my coach doesnt know of any.

I have definitely seen this skill, it even has a name, if I could only remember it. Very cool.

I imagine starting on a line on the floor with chalk on your hands and feet, that way you can see where you are landing and how you are landing. Then slowly working up through the beam heights and widths.

If you get it I want to see it!

im really excited to do it too! My series my coach and I want me to do is backspring stepout crossways to backspring to front support crossways. I started the step out today and did it on a medium height beam with spot. Its definatly a unique skill and have only ever seen 2 national girls do it.

hey bog! are you sure you're not a coach? that is exactly how you begin the sequential training for that skill. line first.

hey bog! are you sure you're not a coach? that is exactly how you begin the sequential training for that skill. line first.

I am not a coach NOW! I was a coach in the UK. Have wrist issues that would meke me feel nervous abnout really spotting a crash so I don't coach now. THe language issue is also a challenge!

I have actually seen Anysia Unicks beam quite a few times. She lives in the same city as me and one of my team mates used to compete against her before she went to OSU. The last time I saw her routine was on Sunday at provincials. She's the only one I've ever seen do the skill.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back