back handspring drills?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

smileandflip

Hi ya'll:

Does anyone know some good drills for a BHS? Mine's okay... I do it well with a spot but then when I get less or no spot, I bend my arms... A LOT! I'm not sure why that is, it's not a lack of strength in my arms (we hold handstands for 4 mins against walls at start of every practice and my coaches definitely value conditioning). I REALLY need my RO BHS preferably by the end of summer. When we do BHS's on floor, we always have the drill where you jump back over a "barrel"...but none other. This drill doesn't help with arms... if you had some good drills that would be awesome! I really would like the help!! PS I thought one of my coaches had it fixed at one point... she told me not to squat down so low before a jumped and it helped! But then I tried doing the same thing with a different coach spotting me and I STILL was bending my arms a TON! :mad:

drills

practice back limber and just make it faster and saster then youl make it into a back handspring.. also go to the side of a couch and jump back onto it and land flat on your back any other questions just write back if you would like to see mine on youtub e tyoe in amanda158635 and my vid will pop up its on the gymnastics outside video thanks :)

DO not do BHS at home PLEASE!!! You need a coach to make sure you do it right, and so you don't break your NECK!!!

Ditto to what Bog said!!! Maybe working backbends would be safe enough to work at home though? If your arms collapse on those then you can work on thatas a drill maybe? Remember to keep your arms straight and once you can keep your arms straight in a backbend then You should be more comfortable keeping your arms straight in your bhs WHEN you're in the gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back