WAG Back Handspring HELP!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I've been in gymnastics for give years and I STILL don't have my back handsprings on floor. I feel like I'll never get them and I'm super close but I can't take the last step without help and I don't think this coach will spot me with them tomorrow at open gym because she thinks I need to learn to control my RO BHS on Tumbl Trak. I have no one to spot me at home and I'm just aggravated and I feel like crying. I need these! Any tips? Drills? ANYTHING? Thanks!

Why would you do a RO BHS on tumble trak if you don't have it on floor? I think it kills the round off.
Standing back handspring on floor or round-off BHS? The drills are a bit different.

I think the best thing for you is to work hard at whatever your coach asks you to, because no matter how it might differ from what you want, what coachtodd would do, or what I would do, she's the coach. As long as she works safely toward a bhs of any type you'll get there eventually. How quickly you get there will depend on whether you get out of the car and push, or sit in the drivers seat complaining abut going nowhere.

I'd love to see you get the skill, and don't blame you with being impatient, and maybe there's a more direct route to the skill that some coaches would urge. The bottom line is you have this coach to work with, and you'll get more done by working with her with complete interest and commitment.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back